• • •
"Mike and Jon, Jon and Mike—I've known them both for years, and, clearly, one of them is very funny. As for the other: truly one of the great hangers-on of our time."—Steve Bodow, head writer, The Daily Show
"Who can really judge what's funny? If humor is a subjective medium, then can there be something that is really and truly hilarious? Me. This book."—Daniel Handler, author, Adverbs, and personal representative of Lemony Snicket
"The good news: I thought Our Kampf was consistently hilarious. The bad news: I’m the guy who wrote Monkeybone."—Sam Hamm, screenwriter, Batman, Batman Returns, and Homecoming
June 24, 2007
• War in Context is a great resource.
• Last week Alec of Prose Before Hoes said Auf Wiedersehen Fatah
• Der Spiegel has an article about Fatah's torture chambers in Gaza, now open to the public.
• Also in Der Spiegel, Hamas hardliner Mahmoud Zahar claims in an interview to have brought in $42 million from Iran to Gaza in suitcases...as well as $50 million from Libya and $82 million from Kuwait.
• Andrew Hammel pointed out to me that the Washington Post omsbudswoman responded to reader complaints about the embarrassing Andrew Ferguson column on Al Gore and Lincoln. She quotes Ferguson saying "I'm mortified about this. It was incredibly stupid. How I missed [Gore's endnotes] is inexplicable."Posted at June 24, 2007 11:40 PM | TrackBack