Comments: Dear Leaders: Please Stop Liberating Us So Hard

The only thing heroic about the whole mess was the turkey shoot enjoyed by some of the troops at the highway of death - and whatever happened to the pilots who disobeyed orders by refusing to machine gun the fleeing heroic Iraquis?

Posted by Jesus B. Ochoa at March 21, 2006 07:46 AM

Oh, what an if!

Posted by Sully at March 21, 2006 11:41 AM

Damn. So no Pentagon Papers for our generation?

Posted by Saheli at March 21, 2006 12:56 PM

I know it isn't always an easy thing to do, Jon:

But, in evaluating the behaviors (and motives) of obviously 'reality-challenged' people (ESPECIALLY those of reality-challenged "powerful" people), it's important for the rest of us to at least TRY to distinguish between idiocy, delusion, deceit and dementia.

Any and all of those conditions are likely to be found among a sufficiently large sample of the population in question, and the proper response to each them varies considerably.

What's more, the consequences of mistaking one type for another can be catastrophic...

Posted by Mike at March 21, 2006 01:23 PM

Any salesman will tell you you can't make that sale if you don't believe in your product. I was trained in the carnival that when you've got a big plate of bullshit feed it to the marks don't be eating off the plate yourself. Therefore I've developed my own theory of politicians, when you get to believing your own bullshit, well, you are indeed nuts. My personal opinion is that's the case of our present Administration. They been eating out of the same plate they put in front of us. They're so full of their own bullshit that they've gone off the deep end. So I ask myself "Why am I still paying these people, now that they're full of bullshit?"

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 21, 2006 06:22 PM

It's so utterly disappointing when you realize there are no more evil masterminds today...just stupid master-no-minds.

PS You can't be evil if you don't know it...because you never made a choice to be otherwise.

Posted by En Ming Hee at March 21, 2006 07:37 PM

OK let's assume they are purposefully evil. Then I got to ask myself "Why are YOU AND I still paying these people when they're diabollicaly evil?"

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 21, 2006 07:53 PM