Comments: I Myself Believe Judith Miller Completely

Why do the words 'Liar, liar pants on fire' suddenly spring into my mind???

Posted by Ghoste at October 15, 2005 06:19 PM

As Bill Keller has explained, those words spring to our minds because we're JUST JEALOUS.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at October 15, 2005 06:23 PM

And, she is still shilling for Libby and the NYT is still allowing it. Do you suppose anybody in the jury room believed her, if she testified as she described today? She seems to be reading her notes as if she'd never seen them before, clueless as to what they meant and unable to remember anything herself.

Does anyone know .. are the Grand Jury transcripts ever released?

Posted by Casey at October 15, 2005 07:20 PM

Legally?

Posted by Sully at October 15, 2005 08:35 PM

Not to worry, we are sure get a nice thick Kenn Starr level report with the indictments, Fitz is no dummy.

Posted by patience at October 15, 2005 11:52 PM

It's unfair of you to conclude, based on Miller's statements, that having an extremely bad memory for news is a sure path to the top of the news profession. You must also have the discipline to mindlessly print whatever your sources tell you, without a trace of skepticism or any attempt to uncover conflicting information, as Miller makes clear in defending her stories on Iraqi WMD by saying, "If your sources are wrong, you are wrong. I did the best job that I could." "Investigative reporter" is a courtesy title. You're not allowed to actually investigate.

Posted by Maud at October 16, 2005 08:11 AM

Wow, her Judyness even had security clearance and everything. A reporter with security clearance, yeah that's the ticket.... A more logical explanation is that she was working for the neocons as a plant at the NYT. If there's any justice (doubtful), she'll go down with the rest of the criminals.

Posted by miranda at October 16, 2005 12:52 PM

Miranda's sage comment reminds me of why the liberal bloodlust to "get" dubya often seems a bit misguided to me: why are so many people preoccupied with impeaching a marionette?

Posted by Jonathan Versen at October 16, 2005 01:11 PM

In answer to the question posed by Jonathan Versen - probably because it is the right thing to do?

Posted by Ghoste at October 16, 2005 05:43 PM

It might also the right thing to do to fly at once to Pakistan and assit in the construction of temporary shelters and the development of a locally feasible seismic code. But how much energy are you really going to put into that?

"Impeach Bush" is ridiculous.

So far as Judy? I have already accepted that I will never know what happened. I don't trust her. And I also am sickened by the anti-Judys out there who make sexual insinuations against her (not you, Jonathan). I think that strengthens her hand.

All I know is that if I ever screw up as much as her, I hope the Society of Professional Journalists rewards me with a First Amendment Award. It's sort of like Bush's medals of honor.

Posted by hedgehog at October 16, 2005 07:51 PM

"Sexual insinuations"? Man, I KNEW I should've been more attention to this. Still, it's no surprise--if somebody's not making sexual insinuations about you, you're a nobody.

And I'm not saying that just because I posted pix of Jon on juicymatures.com.

Posted by mike at October 16, 2005 09:26 PM