Comments: Does Richard Cohen Know Anything At All About Anything Anywhere Ever?

You know, I'm not. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know how, at least with my creaky old Movable Type 2.64.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at October 13, 2005 12:01 PM

saurabh,

I feel it's always a good time to point that out, including in the middle of weddings and funerals.

Tex,

Thank you! Much appreciated. I also had no idea the extremely useful Ping-O-Matic existed, and will now use it enthusiastically.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at October 13, 2005 05:14 PM

I think Cohen puts it best himself: "My own diligent efforts to find out anything have come to naught."

Posted by bob at October 14, 2005 08:53 AM

Jonathan and Tex,

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip about Ping-o-Matic.

And Jonathan, nice follow up with the Richard Welch item. It does add some perspective to what's going on.

Posted by dwahzon at October 14, 2005 10:10 AM

All new pingers - you're welcome! May your hits be fruitful and multiply.

Posted by Tex MacRae at October 14, 2005 08:26 PM

You gotta admit though, the people in the Dubya administration who outed her to get back at Joe Wilson probably wouldn't have been too upset if anything happened to her or Joe.
They would have additionally seized on the action to broaden the ‘war on terror’ through a variety of means, in whatever country the killers originated from – Miss Plame was in charge of a CIA front organization that was tracking and monitoring illegal black-market sales and distribution of WMD parts, technology & knowledge so you can bet there are more than a few people pissed off with her work and those agents who worked in the front company; former CIA agent Larry Johnson claims that a threat assessment report [I seem to recall that is its name, I can’t remember 100%] was carried out in the wake of her outing and has since been classified, he claims this would not have happened if no one came to harm as a result, that if no one came to harm it would not have been classified and leaked to the media in some way or another to say “hey look - no harm, no foul!” and it is his assessment that the fact that this has not occurred means someone somewhere is dead or injured as a result of this [never mind the front organization itself had to be shut down, depriving the CIA of the alibility to track and monitor very dangerous people trying to buy very dangerous things] – and if Joe Wilson or his wife had been among those who were harmed the Dubya administration wouldn’t have felt too bad, they’d have just smelt and opportunity.
LamontCranston