Comments: The Lighter Side of the Slaughter at Charlie Hebdo

May be my sense of humour does not stretch that far but I am not laughing Jon.
Opportunistic and Exploitative individuals will go to any length to get what they want. As Jean Cabu notes, though they, the National Front, have never said it, they will restore Death Penalty AND Military service......with its rhetoric, it has induced FEAR, at least in some segment of French population and WE KNOW what happens, when the govt or a party uses FEAR....intimidation, loss of liberty, loss of freedom ( including loss of freedom of speech a.k.a. self censorship ). The French have my solidarity in keeping their society the way they want, which says "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité".

Posted by rupa at January 9, 2015 12:39 PM

An article to counter the Rightwingers's theme...

here

Posted by rupa at January 9, 2015 01:06 PM

Thanks, Jon. I figured you'd have something interesting on all this (given the title of the site and that post years back on the Monty Python Life of Brian commentary about laughing at authority).

Posted by Batocchio at January 10, 2015 03:45 AM

this incident reminds me of a bon mot from decades ago -

"multiculturalism is not eating couscous; multiculturalism is stoning adulteresses"

it's sort of witty, and sort of sad

earlier this morning i was looking at wikiquotes from anthony de mello - some good stuff there

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at January 10, 2015 10:42 AM

I guess, after 72 hrs, I DO get it!

Posted by rupa at January 10, 2015 12:40 PM

Hey this is off-topic but still on the topic of funny people. Do you know what happened to Dirk Voetberg and crew? Your blog turned me on to them, but then it looks like they fell off the face of the earth. Had to comment on this, because you close your comments and I don't have twitter.

Posted by ss at January 10, 2015 10:58 PM

So we're caught in the crossfire of genocidal narcissists?

Oh, now I get it. Good one, Jon!

Posted by Syd at January 11, 2015 07:50 AM