Comments: Conservatives Grow the Same No Matter Where They're Planted

May be this explains it "WHY?"!

here

Posted by rupa shah at July 20, 2013 10:09 AM

so I'm assuming Obama's drone bombers are also conservatives, just not Ron Paul kinda conservatives.

Posted by amspirnational at July 20, 2013 04:29 PM

amspirnational: refining the thesis = conservatives are authoritarians, but with relatively specific ideas about which types should be in authority. Some statist, some not so much.

Posted by TheStone at July 21, 2013 10:33 AM

Liberals are authoritarian too, but they do it for your own good.

Posted by Sarah at July 22, 2013 04:20 AM

Gosh. Jon Schwarz is SOOOOOOOOOOO funny!

A friend once asked me, "Why do you find ATR such a laugh-riot? Schwarz looks like any old partisan Democrat to me, with his loving backward looks at JFK and FDR and his keen admiration for big government overseen by Ivy Leaguers."

Of course, the asking friend obviously is a stupid Evil Rethuglican. You can tell by the slant of his question and follow-up observations, can't you?

Like Jon, I hope that one day we may rid the world of everyone who has voted Republican, or plans to vote Republican, or who simply may refuse to vote Democrat. I agree with Jon -- the Democrats are heroic, even when the Evil Rethuglicans are busy intimidating them with legislative back-stabbing, or bending their wills with Insane Reactionary Spellcasting Witchery.

I take small comfort in the fact that I helped elect Our First Black President. It's only small comfort because I've had to endure the Evil Rethuglican Witchery forcing Noble Obama to do Evil Rethuglican things. It's disappointing, but then the Evil Rethuglicans have immense power that not even the purest of Democratic hearts can withstand.

I suppose that explains Jon's frequent lapses as well. Not even Our Schwarz can withstand moments of intimidating demagoguery uttered in generic fashion by a reactionary pundit.

Posted by Kwanze Ogmatube at July 22, 2013 01:28 PM

First time reading this blog, is it?

Posted by willf at July 22, 2013 04:45 PM

...

wut?

Posted by Jon Schwarz at July 23, 2013 05:20 AM

Oh, forgive me. I forgot. Jonny's a "satirist" whose "satire" is supposedly laden with "irony" because he types while smoking a "natural" cigarette and drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon and wearing girl jeans and having an emo haircut.

It's odd, though. All of Jonny's entries I've read manage to spend lots more time hating Evil Rethuglicans and skipping over the nefarious (alleged, of course) acts of the Noble Donkey.

I guess that's part of Jonny's "satire" and the embodiment of his "ironic" perspective, eh?

That, and the Ivy League alumnus status, and the highbrow tenor, and the "humor" that only people from his Ivy dining club "get."

Right?

Posted by Kwanze Ogmatube at July 23, 2013 12:49 PM

That is eerily accurate.

Posted by Jon Schwarz at July 23, 2013 02:41 PM

Blugging is so much fun.

Posted by Rob Payne at July 23, 2013 05:20 PM

"That is eerily accurate."

It's hard to be wrong about everything. I speak from personal experience--it's really hard.

Posted by Donald Johnson at July 23, 2013 05:57 PM

Hee haw.

Posted by Noble Donkey at July 24, 2013 01:32 PM

Isn't Obama the Nobel Donkey?

Posted by Norwegia at July 24, 2013 01:41 PM

Kissinger is a Nobel honky.

Posted by Shaft at July 24, 2013 01:42 PM

His haircut doesn't look a bit like mine.

Posted by Emo Philips at July 24, 2013 02:55 PM

Hey, I need my jeans back when you're done with them.

Posted by Jon's girlfriend at July 24, 2013 10:16 PM