Comments: Michael Kinsley Can't Recall Michael Kinsley's Words of Wisdom

I heard Krugman speak in person a few years ago - since then he has either gotten a lot less wishy-washy, or the crimes against humanity of the MICFiC have gotten more obvious - or it could be both, of course.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at May 23, 2013 12:13 PM

Gotta BELIEVE in yer product, every salesman knows that. Gotta be WILLING to eat a forkful of that horseshit so's the folks will KNOW it tastes good and is good for YOU.

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 23, 2013 03:02 PM

Or perhaps what Kinsley meant was this:

"What motivates politicians, especially those running for President, is closer to your classic will-to-power than to a deep desire to reform the health-care system -- unless, of course, they agree with me, in which case they sincerely want what's best for America and the world.

Posted by bobs at May 23, 2013 07:52 PM

I have some trouble believing that Michael Kinsley is a "truly terrible person." Deluded by the "sincerity" pretensions of the right-wing ideologues who now style themselves austerians, but he is, sadly, in good company, e.g., the Washington Post editorial staff who somehow believe that being "fair" to the GOP means drinking a good deal of their Kool-Aid. Your point about Saddam is well-taken. Would we in America not be better off if HE were still in power, keeping the sectarians under firm, ruthless control? So unfortunate that Bush II made it personal.

Posted by Ralph Hitchens at May 24, 2013 09:48 AM

Ralph Hitchens: America better off? Look at whom&what WE elect, how WE blindly follow. No power structure in some other country is going to change/fix that. One can be damn sure MORE IRAQIS would be alive today with much of their infrastructure STILL intact, although worn out.(considering NO WMD's)

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 24, 2013 11:26 AM

"Of course he did. Who the fuck cares?"

Now that's good writing.

Posted by N E at May 24, 2013 05:49 PM

In my comment on 9/9/08/2:10pm I neglected to add, "crappy building regulations".

Say, isn't that, "We cut back on the inspections and pass the savings along to you." America's new motto, America's new order of business?

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 25, 2013 01:30 PM

typo---should be 11/9/08

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 26, 2013 09:58 AM

Who will inspect the food? But The Cook, of course!

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 27, 2013 11:27 AM

I was standing in back of the horse trailer, just opening the door for Ole Bucky, when my girl friend at the time, Sue said something.I turn to answer her. Next thing ya know, I come to and its 18 years later and I'm in Wyoming. So I guess I could be classed as "brain dead".

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 29, 2013 01:25 PM

bradley manning's trial starts next week

i gave money to his defense fund a while ago, and i plan to do so again

it might do some good for somebody, somewhere

may all potentially sentient beings be well, happy, and at peace

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at May 29, 2013 05:28 PM