Comments: It Would Be Polite If Americans Who Criticize Hugo Chavez and Venezuela Would Shut Up

Last link is broken.

Posted by k_machine at March 11, 2013 03:13 PM

Well, one can LISTEN to Japanese Americans, they seemed to have complained, and I'm just as sure pretty much no one else here cared. I know I like to rag on GITMO every chance I get but I bet I don't bitch near as much as THOSE PRISONERS in cell block X-ray.
The ONLY reason I do so is my FERVENT passion for HABEAS CORPUS and of course THE U.S. CONSTITUTION. Otherwise I'd probably just watch T.V.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 11, 2013 04:49 PM

Jon. thank you for dispensing some "common sense".
Gosh, "only if ", some people knew when to keep their mouths shut!!!!!! Majority of Humanity's problems could be solved.

A very interesting look....
:Inside the Revolution: A Journey into Heart of Venezuela (Documentary) "

here

ps whether in Palestine or Venezuela, the young people with their Hip Hop music are real HOPE for change!

Posted by rupa shah at March 11, 2013 04:59 PM

This is not directly related to the post but is indirectly connected. I had never seen this before.....just finished watching it and felt like it all happened yesterday....reminded me of one of our Residents who was from Chile...in a total daze, the whole day she was with us on 9/11/73.

"The Other 9/11 - Chile - Coup d'├ętat - September 11, 1973"

here

ps her President NEVER got a chance to deny HIS CITIZENS civil liberties!!! Kissinger et al made sure of it!!!

Posted by rupa shah at March 11, 2013 09:53 PM

I'm not sure how many layers of irony there are in this particular post, but all's I know is that at some point it was decided that Chavez was the latest swarthy face of evil, with the result, for example, that my nice NPR-listening, PBS-watching dad started referring to him to him as a "tyrant," even though, whatever the veracity of the criticisms of him, they never seemed to include stuff like killing or torturing people, which is what that word suggest to me (though I just found out there have apparently been some questionable claims along those lines in the recent past http://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/7149). Aside from helping poor people and stuff. He's not beyond honest criticism, but he strikes me as the single poorest fit for the face of evil role of the many within memory.

Posted by godoggo at March 11, 2013 11:09 PM

I was right in the middle of posting another comment in the last thread just as it closed, so I'll paraphrase it here: my last comment was probably overly prickish. Here's what I meant: the experiments in that book weren't designed to show meditation to have specific therapeutic benefits of the kind that might justify its use in hospitals let alone necessitate a whole new kind of practitioner. I had some additional thoughts, but I'll stop.

Posted by godoggo at March 12, 2013 04:03 AM

Chavez nationalized the oil industry- anyone who nationalizes an oil industry (Nasser) is evil- QED

Posted by frankenduf at March 12, 2013 09:16 AM

frankenduf: AGREED! Plus he was giving away heating oil products to the poor and elderly in need HERE in The USA.(a terrible crime against OUR inhumanity to say the least) Congress&Big Oil(their owners-OUR masters) have a perfect right to celebrate now that "ding dong the Wicked Witch is dead".

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 12, 2013 01:16 PM

One Commie down and one to go. Maybe when Castro dies of old age WE could turn Cuba into a GITMO theme park. WE could call it "Devil's Island II".

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 12, 2013 09:52 PM

REVOLUTIONS never won
Just another form of gun
You'll do again what they have done----Moody Blues

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 15, 2013 02:06 PM

I woke up this today
I was crying
Lost in a lost world
'Cos so many people are dying
Lost in a lost world
Some of them are living an illusion
Bounded by the darkness of their mind
In their eyes its nation against nation against nation
With racial pride
Sad hearts they hide
Thinking only of themselves
They shun the light
Living in their empty shells.----Moody Blues

How can we understand
The riots by the people, for the people
Who are only destroying themselves
And when you see a frightened person
Who is frightened by the people
Who are scorching this earth
Who are scorching this earth.----Moody Blues

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 15, 2013 05:03 PM

rupa shah: et al=AT&T

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 15, 2013 05:07 PM

I was gonna give a Sinatra quote, but screw it. Here's one more for Mistah Charlie: http://updates.pain-topics.org/search/label/meditation

Posted by godoggo at March 15, 2013 09:56 PM

Therefore, if you choose to attack another country, you are making certain the people of that country will have fewer civil liberties.

wish this was more clearly understood by such luminaires as the ones prescribing such diktats as 'R2P'

Posted by almostinfamous at March 17, 2013 02:27 AM

almostinfamous: EXACTLY!!! And if I may add, using Depleted Uranium munition products also lays a layer of radioactive dust over those one is trying "liberate".

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 17, 2013 11:01 AM