Comments: Bob Woodward Describes 'A Kind of Madness'

another kind of madness is to claim that the us shouldn't budget for it's weaponry when it spends more than the rest of the world combined and has more weaponry than the rest of the world combined

Posted by frankenduf at February 28, 2013 09:07 AM

I wonder what it says for Mr Woodward's state of mind or his EGO, if he thinks, one less aircraft carrier is making him feel insecure!!
May be he has not seen this!!?? If not, "sloppy reporter" or "uninformed journalist" fits him perfectly.

here

Posted by rupa shah at February 28, 2013 09:43 AM

I second frankenduf. Congress is well aware that it abdicated the power of the purse in military affairs long ago, but still, I'd like to see Woodward go to Capitol Hill and personally remind everyone there that it would be "madness" for the POTUS to abide by their budget.

(Speaking of Congressional things that the prez may ignore: the debt ceiling [cough, cough].)

Posted by cjackb at February 28, 2013 02:02 PM

And NOW, Mr Woodward feels threatened by an email?!! Wow!

Posted by rupa shah at February 28, 2013 04:32 PM

Good catch!!!

Posted by Steve J. at February 28, 2013 06:01 PM

rupa shah: It may well be that two carrier groups won't safely operate in as small an area as The Persian Gulf.

Posted by Mike Meyer at February 28, 2013 07:45 PM

And I thought, it could not get worse!! I guess, my thinking was all wrong....

"Bob Woodward Agrees With Hannity: Journalists Should Ask Obama About Bill Ayers"

here

ps I hope he does not think Obama is Nixon!

Posted by rupa shah at March 1, 2013 12:11 PM

I want Honolulu investigated to see if it really is a city in the US of A.
Treason-all legal now, torture-doable, war crimes-who cares, WE're cool, robbing TAXPAYERS to prop up banks-all good, drones over Miami-not to worry. I kinda see Woodward's point. Why bother? Just take the money and live. Go down to the corner to find "Deep Throat". Looking for the TRUTH in D.C. is a dangerous waste of everybody's time.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 1, 2013 04:04 PM

hey, how many people know that bob woodward was a naval intel officer before he became a post reporter just in time for watergate after nixon made friends with those chinese commies?

Posted by N E at March 1, 2013 10:56 PM

N.E.---That little fact alone reveals much. I had no idea, but looking back---it figures.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 2, 2013 11:20 AM

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods
and we are looking to exchange solutions with others, be sure to
shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Posted by Davis Homes for Sale at March 7, 2013 01:07 AM

Spot on with this write-up, I genuinely feel this site wants much more consideration. I'll possibly be once more to read far more, thanks for that info.

cheap jordans