Comments: Are You a Crazy Billionaire? Antonio Villaraigosa Would Love to Hear More of Your Fascinating Ideas!

Hopefully, if his "HEARING IMPAIRED" status ( from the day of National Democratic Convention ) is continuing to this day ( and will do so much longer ), it may turn out to be advantageous after all for ordinary Americans if the Billionaires with his direct number do communicate something to him which is important to them!!

Posted by Rupa Shah at December 4, 2012 09:32 PM

I believe the Hodgman-approved adjective is "deranged", not "crazy". http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4cc168ca62/that-is-all

Posted by darrelplant at December 5, 2012 11:35 AM

Money talks and bullshit walks. I've spent many a day staring at the ass ends of many a bovine, both male and female, so I testify today, that bullshit walks along way and gets deep.
The billionaires play both sides with their money, some backed Obama. Obama can NEVER be a "good ole boy" for some no matter how much he fills their pockets.
(HINT-----Hitler wasn't black)
(HINT 2----Save YOUR Social Security, call Boehner @1-202-225-0600, express YOUR concerns)

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 5, 2012 12:31 PM

ok, but aren't there any benevolent billionaires?

Posted by frankenduf at December 5, 2012 01:25 PM

frankenduf: Benevolent toward whom?

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 6, 2012 12:18 AM

"Fix the Debt" ads are appearing at a lot of the blogs I read now - places where the articles clearly disagree with them (firedoglake, e.g.)

Who knows if it's good or bad?

It appears bad to my limited perception.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at December 6, 2012 12:02 PM

(This might remind you of how in 2003 we had to invade Iraq in the next three minutes or Saddam was going to eat all your children. It's the same guys – they really only have one game plan.)

Yeah... it also reminds me of how we desperately needed to re-elect a guy who gave a few trillion dollars of public money to bankers and ordered hundreds of due-process-free executions using flying death robots because otherwise MITT ROMNEY!!1!.

This was also, as I recall, the premise of the Obama 1, Kerry, and Gore campaigns.

Looks like both parties only know one game plan.

Posted by Picador at December 6, 2012 12:44 PM

mistah charlie ph.d: All that selling the debt fixin' is a simple grab for the SS trust fund(2 1/2 trillion and growing). George Carlin sez it best.
Should TRUE&SINCERE TALK about "fixing the debt" ever show up, the words "gold standard"&" dismantling the federal reserve" should appear somewhere in the conversation.

Picador: Mittens wanted to bomb people too, and feed bankers. Where as someone like myself would probably feed people and chase bankers with armed drones were a THIRD PARTY candidate to be elected. Either way is abuse of power and NEEDS control and OVERSIGHT by Congress as proscribed in The U. S. Constitution. Sadly, though The Constitution describes Congress' mighty powers over even The Presidency and indeed to stop these illegal actions, NO DEFINITION for backbone was described.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 6, 2012 08:57 PM

Mike, a couple of links from one of my alltime favorite sites.

1) http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-overclass.html
(I cannot tell a lie, this is the bait, and if you don't dig it I give you permission to go down on my mom).

2) http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/LiberalFAQ.htm#Backgold

No 3rd party bashing. Promise!

Posted by godoggo at December 7, 2012 01:58 AM

Sorry, sorry, I realize that was a tasteless joke and not funny, not at all. But anyway you really wouldn't want to go down on my mom.

Posted by godoggo at December 7, 2012 02:11 AM

No, really there are places I'd promptly get banned for that, and rightly so.

All done.

Posted by godoggo at December 7, 2012 02:19 AM

I lied about being done. Just one more thing: keep in mind that the site's really old.

Posted by godoggo at December 7, 2012 02:45 AM

Yeah, that passage leapt out at me, too, since Villaraigosa is our mayor out here. Apparently, he started out all right, but he's been pulling this crap for a while. (I know a political activist who grew up in the same neighborhood as "Tony.")

Posted by Batocchio at December 7, 2012 04:14 AM

LA Weekly's had a lot of stories about his sleezeball behavior over the years.

Looking at the link below I see a recent story about the topic of this post, and another recent on about his presidential ambitions.

Posted by godoggo at December 7, 2012 04:50 AM

PDJpaCIWgdWeramVRw 8243

Posted by weyjRAGTOCDTBPb at December 7, 2012 01:12 PM

godoggo: Was unable to find those pages though I did look around Tom Huppi's site, THANX.
Batocchio: I see on Americablog there's a petition up to oust Villaraigosa.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 8, 2012 03:50 PM

George Carlin sez it best

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at December 8, 2012 04:32 PM

Mike:
I'm not sure why you were unable to find the pages. They are from an old site called "Liberalism Resurgent." Huppi maintains one of several mirrors that appeared after the creator committed suicide.

The first link was a page called "The Origins of the Overclass." The second was the anchor for a series of links titled "Myths about economics" on a page titled "The Long FAQ on Liberalism." You should be able to google them.

Posted by godoggo at December 8, 2012 08:37 PM

godoggo: Found them, and again, THANX.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 9, 2012 12:21 PM

The futurists recognized the collapse of the American "Economic" Empire as a certainty as far back as 1982. They also recognized the "Generational Storm" and the 75 million (those born after WWII) lining up for their social security cheques and the cookie jar is empty.

The Rich Folks knew and intended to break every promise made to the Working Class since WWII.

Calm

Posted by Calm at December 10, 2012 01:21 AM

Just think of the shine a 2.5 trillion dollar pile-o-money would put out.(ouch!!) Most rich people I've met would dive in front of a bus after a rolling nickle.
Wall Street Bankers slobber like Pavlov's Dog at the mere mention of The SS Trust Fund. They want that money and much like Citizen Carlin said, "They're gonna get it, too!"

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 10, 2012 12:25 PM

I JUST HAD TO SHARE this....

JFK speaking......

here

Posted by Rupa Shah at December 10, 2012 01:26 PM

The function of government is the looting of the governed.

Always was, always will be.

Posted by Bill Jones at December 10, 2012 09:27 PM