Comments: Surely a Little More Bombing Would Get Me the Love That's Rightfully Mine

Sure is the way it seems.

C

Posted by Poicephalus at June 3, 2012 12:27 PM

I thought they hated us for our freedoms. Or loved our freedoms...or something. Is this about our freedom to bomb them freely? I'm so confused now...

Posted by darrelplant at June 3, 2012 02:04 PM

Hilarious and fantastic insight.

Posted by Jay at June 3, 2012 09:55 PM

I can't decide whether the alleged thought processes of Clinton and Obama are BS propaganda skillfully filtered to Hastings via planned leaks and meant to give the false impression that the American government actually does care about freedom, whiskey, sexy in the Arab world or whether those folks are just that f-ing delusional and are able to handle that much cognitive dissonance.

I really want to believe that it's pure propaganda, because the alternative just blows my mind.

Posted by Rojo at June 3, 2012 11:18 PM

Is this the same Hillary Clinton who gave the Iraqis a finger wag for not taking advantage of the democracy/sexy/whiskey the US bestowed upon them?

Posted by Happy Jack at June 3, 2012 11:21 PM

Welcome, my Friends
Welcome to Machine---Pink Floyd

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 4, 2012 02:44 PM

From The Galaxy Song, by Monty Python:

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whizz
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Posted by Freddy el Desfibradddor at June 4, 2012 04:10 PM

Rojo:

"The American Government" is not a will of its own; per Lewis Mumford, it is a machine, a structure, so I don't think one can ask whether it as a whole is sincere.

I believe that politician-figureheads are more likely to be delusional, as you put it; and career technocrat-operatives are more likely to be conscious Machiavellians; but you will also find examples of the reverse. It takes all kinds to make an Empire. If all our politicians were Kissingers, people wouldn't buy the mythos; that's why the Empire needs Clintons too.

I recommend the fantastically profane and hilarious film In the Loop, if you've not seen it.

Posted by Cloud at June 6, 2012 01:38 PM

What did you dream?
Its alright
We told you what to dream----Pink Floyd

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 6, 2012 02:57 PM

You made some respectable factors there. I seemed on the web for the issue and located most people will associate with with your website.

Posted by escort bayan at June 8, 2012 04:29 PM

missus charley was asking me "are they really so stupid"? and i said it's stupid if you think the objective is to win the 'war on terror'. if the real goal is to keep the war going then drone murder is just what is needed. so in other words our leaders are not stupid - they are evil. i hope that helps.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at June 8, 2012 10:15 PM

The last Colin Powell thread is closed; anyway — I see that Powell is scheduled to appear on The Daily Show this Tuesday.

So ... yeah, I don't know why I'm typing this. Maybe a vague hope that (in some alternate universe at least) Mr Schwarz's documentation of Powell's bad faith could influence Mr Stewart's approach to the interview ... it's kind of an embarrassing hope. My generation puts too much stock in The Daily Show.

Posted by Cloud at June 8, 2012 10:28 PM

Cloud: Stewart has just the best job in the world, "rocking the boat". Sometimes though, to KEEP the best job in the world, one doesn't rock the boat.

mistah charley ph.d. And the war drones on---into forever.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 8, 2012 11:05 PM