Comments: Mad Libs

Give Obama a break. He's been in that drafty wooden trojan horse so long he needs the "Clinton" treatment. He's a Republican in a sea of Democrats. Damn us to Hell for not going along easily.

Posted by Ronbo at July 16, 2011 07:33 PM

The threat is to deny him a successful GOTV push, which he'll need to defeat Romney (though probably not Bachmann or the other nuts). Forget Nichols and the Nation's Kool-Aid drinkers who still think Obama "is trying." What last fall showed is that the Independents alone won't put Obama over the top. He is losing the Hispanic vote and many among his liberal base might prefer watching TV at home than go out and vote for a guy who wants to dismantle the last few remnants of the New Deal. And if he loses, geez, couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Posted by bobs at July 16, 2011 08:44 PM

Awww, menacing squeaks.

Posted by Amandasaurus at July 17, 2011 12:53 AM

Given the enthusiastic compliance of Obama's party, it is now objectively true that McCain would have had a harder time achieving rightwing objectives than Obama has.

I know of people who say we need the U.S. to go downhill faster in order to foster a strong, sharp backlash -- and, thus, they prefer Repug candidates.

Which, ironically enough, might slow the process down, due to the populist opposition to them. Dems seem to be the reliable choice of anyone attempting to imitate Kali-Ma or Sekhmet.

Posted by No One of Consequence at July 17, 2011 06:10 AM

It's nice to know that you're not alone in taking a stand. Yeah, he's got my vote, but I'm adamant about not wearing my Barack BFF bracelet until he stops slaughtering women and children with drones.

I sense the beginnings of a powerful movement.

Posted by Happy Jack at July 17, 2011 08:24 PM

I realize it's unseemly of me to point this out, but here's there's this, similarly themed item.(I changed the title after I posted it to a less coarse one, if you were wondering.)

Posted by Jonathan "Tad Unseemly" Versen at July 17, 2011 09:18 PM

still think Obama "is trying."
He's very trying . . .

Posted by Murfyn at July 21, 2011 12:56 PM

We need a massive movement (starting about now) of former Democratic voters who pledge to stay home on election day unless Democratic politicians start acting more like FDR than Reagan.

I'm already planning on staying home.

Bastards.

Posted by M Jacobs at July 21, 2011 04:51 PM

Join us on Liberals Against Obama on facebook, we'll figure something out:

This "liberal" is defiantly not going to be voting for him again and I'm working to see that other's don't either.

Posted by rationalrevolution at July 22, 2011 11:14 AM