Comments: Joe "Sweetheart" Lieberman's Long History of Lying About Iraq and WMD

Proverbs 6:16-19, "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at January 20, 2011 12:14 PM

I guess Joe's going to hell, MEANWHILE....???

The Devil's Childern
With no disgrace
Crushed and killed
The Human Race
While they got rich
Off the games of war
What in the Hell
Were you marching for
A silly assed medal
A stupid parade
For all those innocent people
You slayed
After that
You couldn't even get a job
Cause fighting that war
Made you a slob
A sargent, a major
A corporal, lieutenant
Names and positions all invented
You and me and all the rest
Are just a bunch of little pieces
In a game of chess
Its all the same
A third world war
A bloodthirsty massacre
Just like before
Its genocide
Three billion tears
Feeding on a war
Every twenty years.----Run DMC.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 20, 2011 12:44 PM

I like how he proved he was right by calling her 'sweetheart'.

Posted by saurabh at January 20, 2011 06:34 PM

BTW, Mike Meyer, those lyrics should be attributed to Melle Mel, of the Furious Five fame. I wish Run DMC had had conscious lyrics like that, but, they didn't.

Posted by saurabh at January 20, 2011 06:45 PM

saurabh: THANX, I lost the tape YEARS ago.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 20, 2011 08:14 PM

I think we can safely conclude that Joe Lieberman isn't a very nice person.

Posted by otto at January 20, 2011 08:51 PM

Terrorism seems to bring out the worst in people. Is that a surprise?

Posted by LT at January 20, 2011 10:29 PM

I don't suppose you'd believe me if I told you American businesses had bid on jobs and had been awarded contracts for building a nuclear reactor would you? Would you be interested in the contractors names?

Posted by Frankenstein Government at January 21, 2011 03:12 AM

I'd be interested. Are you talking about contracts in the 90s? Or in the early 80s? If the latter, that's hardly what Lieberman is talking about. If the former, that would be big news, indeed. Surprising Colin Powell never talked about it.

Posted by saurabh at January 21, 2011 03:24 PM

If there are any other Proverbs as good as 6:16-19, I need to read them.

Posted by N E at January 21, 2011 04:47 PM

They couldn't talk about it. They were compromised. It occurred in the 90's. Let's just say- it was all pre-emptive and leave it at that. The world can be labor the fact that nothing was found. They knew nothing would be found. It hadn't been built yet.

Huge financial commitment- yet there was nothing there. Seems a little fantastic doesn't it?

Posted by Frankenstein Government at January 22, 2011 12:26 AM

...couldn't talk...wouldn't believe me...let's just say...know nothing...would you be interested...

YAWN

Posted by Earth at January 23, 2011 08:01 AM

Are you sure you weren't just watching Arrested Development?

Posted by saurabh at January 23, 2011 04:18 PM

What dope was Gore smoking when he thought of Lieberman as his vp-pick? Good analysis. The only thing I couldn't figure out is why Gore chose him for the vp nomination in 2000. Geez, weren't there any other moderate Democratic voices? Gore wasn't as deft politically as he is on policy issues, but from my point of view, it seemed clear that Lieberman was a klutz -- though his Likkud credentials made him very attractive (I have to admit).

What dope was Gore smoking when he thought of Lieberman as his vp-pick? This one perhaps ?

Posted by Robert Nagle at January 24, 2011 02:43 AM

Here's Glenn Greenwald's finish to a recent piece, "Bipartisan Praise of Joe Lieberman":

Blood-stained hands are far too common to be bothersome (it's part of the D.C. uniform); servitude to lobbyists and corporations is the central Article of Faith, not a ground for embarrassment or disgrace; assaults on core liberties is how Strength and Seriousness are demonstrated; and "centrism" and "principled independence" are the glorifying names given to status quo perpetuation and loyalty to the factions who run Washington. Lieberman isn't widely admired across the Washington spectrum and in both parties despite his aberrational acts; he's admired precisely because he's the perfect face of what that culture is and what it values.

Posted by mistah 'MICFiC' charley, ph.d. at January 24, 2011 07:39 AM