Comments: New York Times Maintains Unblemished Record of Wrongness on Iraq WMD Story

It blows my mind that you could notice this. How are those OCD treatments coming along?

Posted by Aaron Datesman at July 20, 2010 07:23 PM

How are those OCD treatments coming along?

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at July 20, 2010 08:01 PM

"However, I've just noticed that at some point in the past four years, they've un-corrected it, removing the correction from their website and posting the story with the false sentence exactly as it first appeared."

This reminds me of a section of a publication I used to read called the "Washington Report on Middle East Affairs". In this section, they would present some zionist propaganda that had appeared in the main stream press and debunk it using a different article from the corporate press.

My favorite reason why Ayatolla Bush decided to invade Iraq is to strike a blow against the forces of Gog and Magog. This is described here:

Posted by Edward at July 20, 2010 08:02 PM

Yes, they are indeed good. But everybody also makes it a little too easy for them these days.

OCD? No wonder I love this site.

Posted by N E at July 20, 2010 10:26 PM

100 hours? 1991 until NOW and it ain't over yet. Yeah, that 38 days-o-bombing HAD to have been a bitch, BUT, ya gotta admit, the NEXT 19 years beat that "flatfuckin'footed".

Posted by Miek Meyer at July 20, 2010 10:37 PM

Really good work.

Posted by Jack Crow at July 20, 2010 11:20 PM

This post belongs in the best of. A+

Posted by jeffbbz at July 21, 2010 02:58 AM

Clearly not as well as we'd hoped, although I think it's improved marginally since this. The link you provided, while interesting, contained similar half-truths, the clown who wrote the letter did mention the 38 days of intense blitzkrieg-style bombing that precede the 100 hours but neglected the 10 years of near daily bombing enforcing the so-called no fly zone.

Give yourself $5 on Friday.

Posted by drip at July 21, 2010 04:57 AM

I thank any gods that might exist that I, and the dozen or so people who read this site, know the true story, and will go to my grave knowing that the NYT didn't get away with it....

Posted by NomadUK at July 21, 2010 07:40 AM

When will writers start de-identifying with the lying government and media? This Tiny Rev item adopts the near universal "us" essentially unconsciously as for example:
"the U.S. government relentlessly lied about what Kamel had told us. So if they're similar situations, Amiri will have told us Iran has no nuclear weapons program, and then we'll lie relentlessly about him saying that." (my emphasis)

In the light of this, why not conclude the piece with:
"You have to admit we're good.

Posted by No Comment at July 22, 2010 03:16 PM

Un-correcting a correction? I know you're even more untouchable than the average DFH, but it still seems that they could be convinced to pretend to have some sense of shame about that. Which would be useful.

Posted by homunq at July 23, 2010 01:26 AM