Comments: Lara Logan's Huge Scoop

Just because it's true doesn't mean it's not a joke!

Posted by ethan at June 29, 2010 10:45 AM

What's that line Renee Z's character utters in Cold Mountain?

Posted by Jack Crow at June 29, 2010 10:54 AM

I'm certainly convinced now that Lara Logan sucks. That Matt Taibbi piece is spon on.

What's really sad for me is that now Lara Logan even looks like Howard Kurtz to me.

Posted by N E at June 29, 2010 12:28 PM

Do they come like this, or do they have to be modified?

Posted by demize! at June 29, 2010 12:50 PM

Demize, they take courses at night, in hidden locations.

Posted by catherine at June 29, 2010 12:58 PM

Do they come like this, or do they have to be modified?

The former, if you keep the vat at a constant temperature and feed in the correct nutrients.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at June 29, 2010 01:06 PM

a) millions of americans have never filed a story
b) therefore millions of americans have never filed a story that ran afoul of pentagon narratives
c) therefore millions of americans are patsy national journalists

Posted by hapa at June 29, 2010 02:13 PM

1. hapa...uh...What?

2. Man, I bet Iran has secret grenade stockpiles! That would be craaaaaazy! I bet the U.S. military would absolutely hate if we found out whether or not there are grenades in Iran. Looks like I just found myself an edgy Pulitzer scoop!

Posted by Jeffbbz at June 29, 2010 02:29 PM

Maybe everybody knew this already but according to wikipedia:

Logan's husband is a U.S. Federal Government defense contractor from Texas, whom she met in Iraq.

...

Posted by Jeffbbz at June 29, 2010 02:39 PM

One of the first comments on Taibbi's blog piece made me laugh out loud: "I guess being figuratively in bed with the defense industry wasn't enough for Logan."

Posted by nate at June 29, 2010 04:57 PM

I have yet to encounter this archetype, "Logan."

I did have the TV on once, and this archetype, "Couric" was emoting about something.

At that point I turned off the TV and haven't visited it since.

Brain feels better.

Posted by Elise Mattu at June 29, 2010 06:16 PM

"I guess being figuratively in bed with the defense industry wasn't enough for Logan." Well sweetie, its Military, its Industrial, it's very complex. Daddie loves us, that's all you need to know. Kay?

Posted by demize! at June 29, 2010 06:16 PM

"Next up for Lara: blowing the lid off the Taliban's brazen use of guns."

or maybe she blows the lid off the Talibans sinister, ingenius method of shooting bullets pointed at American,out of guns.

Posted by Blackplates at July 4, 2010 05:48 PM