Comments: BLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"BLARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

That was quite onomatopoeic.

I'm not sure FAIR's restraint is good for my health. Their efficient detachment makes them all the more damning (as you say), but my blugger brain starts looking for the usual release valves. Where's the sardonic shotgun to the face, FAIR? This builds into gnawing unarticulated anger. So I come here of course. :)

Posted by BenP at June 24, 2010 06:38 PM

Maybe he has hydrophobic legs.

Posted by Huntly at June 24, 2010 06:52 PM

I'm gonna guess "Jesus". He thinks he's Jesus, and maybe so do others, or maybe his feet are as swimfins. Take heart, Petraeus is quite capable of keeping the opium fields SAFE for Democracy.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 24, 2010 06:58 PM

Maybe Raddatz is hydrocephalic, hence her impaired ability to craft metaphors.

Posted by some guy at June 24, 2010 09:48 PM

Yes, but the question remains -- Did it really rain last Thursday?

Posted by Rob Payne at June 24, 2010 10:06 PM

maybe he is jesus, or his vicar:

"upon this Petraeus i will build my..."

Posted by anonymous at June 25, 2010 08:13 AM

It is easier to charm the birds right out of the trees when they are covered in oil. It's all of a piece, really.

Posted by Aaron Datesman at June 25, 2010 11:13 AM

Now I totally have to see those forbidden Gnostic texts revealing that Jesus and King Midas are actually the same person. It certainly explains the freakout over the temple moneylenders: the very sight of gold pushed him over the edge.

Posted by mds at June 25, 2010 01:39 PM

The first eight comments are so invaluable that I cannot improve on them.

And one does wonder how long before FAIR is taken down and put away - no one can be allowed the truth during these times of "terrorist" activity.

Posted by Elise_Mattu02 at June 25, 2010 03:21 PM

I'm with Elise- thank you all for invaluable commentary. Although, my heart belongs to Jonathan for "BLAAAARRRRRRR"
That's pretty much what rings in my ears every time I turn on ANY 24 hr news channel
I come here to scrape the scales from my eyes- it's a good kind of hurt. :)

Posted by Alex at June 25, 2010 07:19 PM

Alex - if you have access to Al Jazeera (English) or Euronews, check them out - they have a higher signal-to-noise ratio.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at June 26, 2010 08:28 AM