Comments: The Horrifying Scumbag Playbook

deja vu - or not.

Posted by Jesus B Ochoa at June 22, 2010 08:46 AM

You're being far too hard on the President. He has his good side:

Posted by N E at June 22, 2010 09:37 AM

Just like the Boy King Ken Doll has his, I'm sure.

Posted by RedPhillip at June 22, 2010 11:08 AM

NE - Where is it?
Throw in Bibi and you're 3/4 of the way to a sticky barbershop quartet.

Posted by Richard S at June 22, 2010 11:39 AM

Richard S--you have to look at the picture!

Posted by N E at June 22, 2010 01:59 PM

Furkan Dogan...what a great American.

Posted by seth at June 22, 2010 02:28 PM

seth: An American none the less. At least he DID more than call up on Sean Handjob's radio program.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 22, 2010 02:48 PM

What the hell is the point of calling that kid an American? Seriously? Fucking nationalism.

Posted by saurabh at June 22, 2010 02:58 PM

He would have been President, Michael Jackson, and Dr. Oz all rolled into one.

Posted by seth at June 22, 2010 03:02 PM

Seth, I know it must be horrible to go through life with a name that sounds like a skin condition.

Posted by demize! at June 22, 2010 03:04 PM

That IS the point. Part of The Horrifying Scumbag Playbook is weepily discussing how deeply you care about keeping your countrymen safe, and gosh darn it the only way to keep them safe is by murdering people from other countries, even as whoops! you're also merrily killing your own citizens.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at June 22, 2010 03:12 PM

Little Furkan was born in Troy, NY in 1991...ironically the city he was born in is named after a little town located in what is presently Turkey, Furkan's other Homeland.

Though Furkan was only two when he left the United State of America, he made a profound impression on all his friends and neighbors. The mayor of Troy recalls that "No one had more civic pride than baby Furkan."

Hugh Carey, former Governor of New York, recalls that while interning in his local office, Furkan went above and beyond the call of duty when it came to helping the Turkish-American community of the Western Tier: "At the annual naturalization ceremony Furkan insisted on holding the Koran upon which all the new Turkish-Americans swore dual allegiance to their new country."

As a 3 year old in Bilkent, Furkan translated the Star Spangled Banner into Turkish and taught his friends how to play the game of Base-Ball.

Truly, no greater Turk or American has ever been murdered by Zionist scum!!!!

Posted by seth at June 22, 2010 03:13 PM

This is from the book Great Plains by Ian Frazier:

She said, "Did you ever hear about the last man lynched in Kansas?...His name was Rick Read. He was lynched in 1932 after he raped and murdered an eight-year-old girl...When they went to bury him the people were so mad they would have dismembered the body and no preacher would preach the sermon, but at the last minute a preacher showed up who believed that every man was entitled to a Christian burial...and he preached the most beautiful sermon I ever heard. He said, 'If you had a man in your community as crippled in body as this man was in spirit you would all have so much pity on him you'd take him into your homes and care for him.' All the women started to weep and I cried myself and some men cried, too, and you could feel all the hatred and violence just dissolve up into the air."

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at June 22, 2010 03:30 PM

saurabh, Jonathan Schwarz: From MY point, nothing to do with nationalism but more to do with The 14th Admendment. (seth @3:13pm so resoundingly makes my point)

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 22, 2010 04:11 PM

MY point is, the American government, and people generally, should not give a shit because that kid was an American, but merely because he was some kid. I'm not in favor of using the hypocrisies of the system against it, a la the ACLU or some such. Just burn it all down. The nation-state is a defunct concept; the least we can do is move past it rhetorically.

Posted by saurabh at June 22, 2010 04:17 PM

JS: THAT'S the point isn't it, hatred and violence. A hates B hates C and the children and young people PAY for it.
seth: I know I'm Zionist Scum to YOU and others and YES I want Israel to inhabit ALL the Holy Land, BUT ISRAEL SIGNED the 1967 agreement. Even Israel is bound by its signature, its word.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 22, 2010 04:21 PM

That's a nice story by Ian Frazier.

Posted by N E at June 22, 2010 05:30 PM

Israel is bound by nothing apparantly except the law of the jungle. I should add that the decrepit Empire I happen to inhabit is bound by the same law.

Posted by demize! at June 22, 2010 10:19 PM

Israel is bound by no law apparantly, except the law of the jungle as is the declining empire in which I happen to reside.

Posted by demize! at June 22, 2010 10:23 PM

demize: Yeah, I know but that's how I roll. I like to think I learned it from God through my Father. He was a True Believer Marxist and therefore frowned on my Zionist tendencies. But I'm SURE if one signed a deal with The Devil he'd feel EXACTLY the same way. What ever YOU SIGNED for is what YOU get, what YOU PAY.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 23, 2010 01:47 AM

Seth's right, of course. Furkan Do─čan couldn't be an American simply because he was born there, because Americ bases its citizenship criteria on ethnicity, like all civilised countries.

Posted by weaver at June 23, 2010 03:51 AM

Furkan Dogan was a true blue American through jus solis, but also because he absorbed American culture and values and expressed them in his every action.

That's why they had to kill him hastily-before the world could see how the Turk and the American could coexist so harmoniously in one body.

Let no one disparage Furkan Dogan's Americanism! He was a member of the John Birch Society and the American Legion, Mutafa Kemal Lodge.

Posted by seth at June 23, 2010 07:33 AM

I guess I am not seeing the analogy being made here. The exact circumstances behind the Iranian protester's death was pretty unclear (hence an investigation is a good idea) but it didn't seem deliberate and the protests were not peaceful.

You want to compare that to execution-style assassination of unresisting peace activists and aid workers in cold blood? A killing that was planned ahead of time and deliberate?

Posted by DavidByron at June 23, 2010 01:39 PM

Nice post! By pretending that Barack Obama is responsible for the Israeli Army, you nicely reduce the responsibility of Ahmadinejad for the killings done to keep him in power!

This site was recommended by friends, but...no thanks.

Posted by jeffry at June 23, 2010 04:36 PM

Uh...who put the what in the where now?

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at June 23, 2010 05:55 PM

Judging by Jeffry's blog I think what he's really pissed off about is that your criticism of the Israelis, Obama and Ahmadinejad fails to assign blame where it truly belongs: with Hugo Chavez.

Posted by weaver at June 24, 2010 01:44 AM

Don't let the door hitcha where they bitchya.

Posted by demize! at June 25, 2010 02:42 AM