Comments: A Science Joke Which Writes Itself

I think it should go: "More sensitive sensor paves way for better cars, missiles and prosthetic limbs." And then the cycle is (1) build cars that can more easily avoid collisions, (2) build missiles that can hit the cars anyway, and (3) outfit your mangled children with better prosthetic limbs.

Ciiirrrrclllllle of Liiiiiiffffeeeee

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at March 30, 2010 12:30 AM

Internet is the new world and you shouldn't be board from that you may earn from the internet and many more things can happen on the internet.
itil certification dumps have the comments on this site.

Posted by harris at March 30, 2010 03:23 AM

The problem is that all those missiles are being aimed at the wrong people....

Posted by NomadUK at March 30, 2010 07:07 AM

I have a subscription to Science News (perfect for my layman's interest in science) and at least once per issue I'll be reading along happily, going "wow science is cool!" and then all of a sudden it'll be like "Scientists hope to apply this discovery to create better missiles/military armor/brainwashed super soldiers," and it always throws me right off.

Posted by ethan at March 30, 2010 09:11 AM

@Ethan - yeah, try being a scientist..... Someday I'll write a post about my first day at Bettis Lab, which was the second-most dispiriting day of my entire life.

Posted by Aaron Datesman at March 30, 2010 11:53 AM

Farming, that's what supports the armies of the world.

Posted by Murfyn at March 30, 2010 12:12 PM

It’s a perfect cycle: we’ll build better missiles to blow up your cars and outfit your mangled children with better prosthetic limbs.

I think I see a way to economic recovery here ... as long as the people don't mind. And really, when was the last time they did?

Posted by laym at March 30, 2010 12:57 PM

I find it hard to believe that even the stupidest clod actually purchases something as a consequence of comment sp*m. Fortunately I'm not board enough to even click on the link to investigate.

Posted by grimmy at March 30, 2010 01:58 PM

I don't know which is worse, the spam, the complaints about the spam, or the complaints about the complaints about the spam.

Medical and safety applications help keep sane those of us who work on tech more immediately applied to military uses. Real-time signal and image processing software guides missiles (most typically to blast warplanes), but is essential for processing MRI scans and to keep passenger planes from colliding.

Posted by Nathan Myers at March 30, 2010 03:21 PM