Comments: When Stock Photo Children Grow Up

Where do you find this stuff? That's great! Thanks, Jonathan.

Posted by cemmcs at February 28, 2010 01:03 PM

She's mocking beer?

Posted by Kahomono at February 28, 2010 01:46 PM

She's mocking beer?

Posted by Kahomono at February 28, 2010 01:47 PM

Is this an earlier match? The Canadian team beat the U.S. in overtime.

Posted by akak at February 28, 2010 06:05 PM

Is this an earlier match? The Canadian team beat the U.S. in overtime.

Yes, bad timing on my part. The U.S. beat Canada last week in an earlier round.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at February 28, 2010 06:29 PM

As a life-long hedge witch, I didn't know 'mocking manliness' was one of the skills in the job description.

I will, henceforth, amend my charms, potions, and scryings to include the necessary mockery.

Thank you for the powerful role model, though I think the younger child with the upright finger might have a more power if she can learn to focus her anger.

(Seriously, just found your blog, and I like it even though the US did beat Canada today not. They do, at least, have health care and an ample crow of witches.)

Posted by zic at February 28, 2010 07:46 PM

If you hold the photo upside down, you can clearly make out the face of Doug Feith.

Well, off to Tim Horton's....

Posted by Oarwell at February 28, 2010 09:22 PM

Well, off to Tim Horton's.... My condolences on the coffee. Next time try a Wiser's. It is a shame that the kid's name is Sidney, but what a win.

Posted by drip at February 28, 2010 10:08 PM

Posted by drip at February 28, 2010 10:08 PM

How are either of them mocking manliness? The hockey fan would have been exulting in her country's victory, otherwise exhibiting typical sports fan behavior, while the little girl is just laughing at her companion's gesture.

Can't say I follow you.

Posted by seth at March 1, 2010 07:38 AM

Oh, Seth, why so serious?

Posted by RedPhillip at March 1, 2010 08:45 AM

I agree there's no need to be so serious. It's a wonderful connection you had between those two pics.

Posted by mikeb302000 at March 1, 2010 10:58 AM

I opine that to get the credit loans from banks you ought to have a good motivation. Nevertheless, once I have received a commercial loan, because I was willing to buy a building.

Posted by KelliEnglish33 at March 1, 2010 01:48 PM

I wonder if she floats. If she is a witch, we should employ her to turn Newt Gingrich into an actual newt, or maybe Rush Limbaugh into a coat-rack.

Posted by grimmy at March 1, 2010 09:43 PM