Comments: Scam Becoming a Little Too Obvious

Carpe Diem!

Posted by Mike Meyer at September 21, 2009 10:10 PM

Vice President Biden just doesn't get the respect he deserves. Seeing him work his magic is always a treat:

Posted by N E at September 22, 2009 12:02 AM

Samantha Bee explained it on The Daily Show a while back: the Republicans called "no-billsies", so the Democrats can't make any changes without a super-duper majority.

Posted by Murfyn at September 22, 2009 01:00 AM

Jon cut the punchline: Biden says that if his party wins its third election in a row, Democrats and Republicans can finally work together!

As a political junkie, let me just take a moment to apologize to all fans of professional wrestling. I'm sorry I looked down on you.

Posted by Carl at September 22, 2009 03:53 AM

Posted by Carl at September 22, 2009 03:58 AM

Yes, so all true progressives really have to vote Democratic, because this time for sure!

Posted by NomadUK at September 22, 2009 05:23 AM

I'm just waiting for the new 80 seat anti-filibuster rule.

Posted by grimmy at September 22, 2009 05:50 AM

Mike Myers: Carpe scrotum!

Posted by woody at September 22, 2009 09:56 AM

Mike Myers: second party.

Posted by Jonathan Versen at September 22, 2009 10:26 AM

Nothing works like the low bid. I see Mad At Max and Finance Committee have come with THE winning healthcare plan. Hope at last has come to River City. When this FINALLY passes I'll celebrate with a bologna sandwich and a quart of Muscatel.

Posted by Mike Meyer at September 22, 2009 11:42 AM

Carpe gluteus maximus.

If the Republicans regain a majority in congress it will be the perfect excuse not to have passed any legislation to undo the W. Bush damage. Still, for the faithful any excuse will do.

Posted by Rob Payne at September 22, 2009 03:47 PM

If only we had 100 Senators. Then we could accomplish wonders....like bailing out Wall Street, or raising defense expenditures.

Sigh. Some day, maybe.

Posted by bobbyp at September 23, 2009 07:26 AM

"It's not that the Republicans are bad guys. They're just happy to screw over the country for political gain, and we don't want to change anything too much, either. But give us a second term, and we might give ya a few scraps!"

Posted by Batocchio at September 23, 2009 08:22 PM

I've been trying to figure out how to redo Batocchio's line into something like the old saw, "Under capitalism, man exploits man; under socialism, it's the other way around." So, The Republicans are happy to screw over the country for political gain, while the Democrats feel kinda bad about doing it ...? But they still take the big money. Ah, fuckit.

And how come the Republicans get to pass their bills after only one election? Still, I appreciate Jon's explanation of this difficult question; we humble Americans just don't understand the complexities of government.

Posted by Duncan at September 24, 2009 09:43 AM