Comments: Global Warming In The PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Yeah I hate it when that happens.

Posted by Jonathan Versen at August 17, 2009 09:20 PM

I hope you aren't the guy who couldn't see any difference between Al Gore and George W. Bush.

Posted by Bob at August 17, 2009 09:37 PM

Posted by Bob at August 17, 2009 09:37 PM

LAUNCH DRYICE TO THE MOON, sequester carbon dioxide safely and securely for the long term. I would suggest some sort of rail launch system as it will take a LOT of launches. To INSURE job security have the launcher powered by a COAL FIRED powerplant.

Posted by Mike Meyer at August 17, 2009 10:18 PM

Bob, who are you talking to?
Bob, who are you talking to?

Posted by Jonathan Versen at August 17, 2009 10:59 PM

Yes, Al Gore's strong support of the Kyoto Protocol was instrumental in its adoption by the US government.

God bless that man.

Posted by Save the Oocytes at August 17, 2009 11:52 PM

I once worked for a guy who loved to vacation in Yellowstone. He had been many times and would endless discuss how beautiful and special it was. This was in 1988 just before the fires in the park and afterwards he was truly devastated by the destruction.

I foolishly pointed out that the fire was so destructive because humans had prevented the natural fire ecosystem from functioning and that he had had many opportunities to see the park himself and future generations would actually benefit from the fire. He looked at me like I was insane and said "but *I'll* never get to see it again!".

This was my first real up-close interaction with a selfish fucknut Reagan conservative.

Posted by Jimbo at August 18, 2009 06:30 PM

They should be invited to go skin diving north of Norway to experience this from New Scientist
A bit of blowback extends the dive time.

Posted by juan mas at August 18, 2009 07:40 PM

A bit of blowback extends the dive time.

Posted by juan mas at August 18, 2009 07:40 PM

Save the Oocytes,Yeah, Al Gore certainly would've invaded Iraq, killing more people than the Corvair. Bob

Posted by Bob at August 19, 2009 10:31 AM

Ralph Nader should stop giving the oil companies any ideas.

Posted by epicurus at August 19, 2009 10:42 AM

My take on Al Gore winning has always been that he would've been blamed for 9/11 and impeached by the Republican congress (impossible? no, it's all in the spin). Leaving Lieberman in charge, who would've neoconned it up just like W did.

Posted by Cloud at August 19, 2009 01:35 PM

Cloud, You could be right, but only if the Gore administration had failed to stop the attacks. My point is only that we couldn't have done any worse than Bush, and if Nader still can't see that he is an idiot. Bob

Posted by Bob at August 19, 2009 01:54 PM

Cloud: Gore was basically a neocon until he re-entered personal life, when he became Gore the White. And the legions of Democratic Nader-haters out there are even more immune to that knowledge now than they were in 2000.

Posted by John Caruso at August 19, 2009 09:39 PM

Some people must have a Google alert on Nader, because the mere mention of the man's name brings them out of the woodwork. "Hey, let's all have an argument about the 2000 election! ... Again!"

Posted by SteveB at August 19, 2009 09:40 PM

SteveB, Out of the woodwork? Is there any arguement about the 200 election?

Posted by Bob at August 19, 2009 11:30 PM

No, Bob, you have definitely won the arguement about the 200 election.

Posted by John Caruso at August 20, 2009 02:40 AM

Bob:
I didn't vote for the Democrats in 2000, I didn't vote for them in 2004, I didn't vote for them in 2008, and I'm not going to vote for them in 2012. But please, feel free to throw your arguments up against my impenetrable wall of don't-give-a-shit.

Posted by SteveB at August 20, 2009 08:08 AM

SteveB, Maybe if you did give a shit you wouldn't be covered in it. Jon, Thanks for the correction.Very constructive. In geometry class they'll teach you the difference between parallel and tangent. I'll just crawl back into the woodwork now; it's just too bitchy in here for me.

Posted by Bob at August 20, 2009 05:39 PM

Gosh, and I said "please", and everything, and now Bob is going away. Some people are just so darn sensitive.

Posted by SteveB at August 20, 2009 07:20 PM

Yeah, and I even admitted he'd won the arguement. There's just no pleasing some people.

Posted by John Caruso at August 20, 2009 08:11 PM