Comments: Ho-Hum, Another U.S. Lie Crumbles To Dust

A simple case of NOT enough waterboarding.

Posted by Mike Meyer at July 14, 2009 06:05 PM

but isnt' the alleged assassin in prison in the US?

Posted by george at July 14, 2009 06:19 PM

This is just confirmation. Seymour Hersh discredited the plot to assassinate Bush (which was announced, by the way, by the Kuwaiti minister of information, who had previously been the ambassador to the US whose daughter anonymously peddled the babies-ripped-from-incubators story to Congress) in the New Yorker of 11/1/93.

Posted by WIIIAI at July 14, 2009 06:43 PM

but isnt' the alleged assassin in prison in the US?

Nope. They were all in Kuwait, unless they've been let out by now.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at July 14, 2009 06:52 PM

I haven't been keep up. Whatever happened to all the Saddam body doubles?

Posted by MC Squared at July 14, 2009 07:02 PM

Whatever happened to all the Saddam body doubles?

The funny thing is, the FBI actually asked Saddam about the doubles. He said it was ridiculous and out of a "Hollywood movie" or something like that.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at July 14, 2009 07:11 PM

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that the assassination plot could possibly be fiction. Next thing, we'll find out that Iraq didn't have any WMDs or connections to Al Qaeda.

There may be a current assassination plot against GWB, but I would look at the imminent changes in the estate tax laws for a culprit. (Part of the Bush tax laws dropped the "Death Tax" rate to zero in 2010, then reverted to the pre 2002 rates in 2011).

Posted by Peter VE at July 14, 2009 08:28 PM

Next you'll be telling me there were no wood chippers (or was it paper shredders?). Have you no shame?

Posted by Happy Jack at July 15, 2009 12:29 PM

I keep imagining Dave Chappelle, aka Black Bush, screaming "He tried to kill my father!"

Posted by Clint at July 17, 2009 11:11 PM
"It was surprising,"... "you would have thought there would have been some veiled reference to something about [the plot]."

I found it surprising to look in my refrigerator earlier and not find the meal that I had not prepared for later. Co-incidence or conspiracy?

Posted by Euripides at July 19, 2009 06:44 PM