Comments: Shell Game

And really, a paramilitary organization nicknamed "Kill and Go" could be doing any number of things.

Posted by darrelplant at June 18, 2009 04:34 AM

I think "Kill and Go" was on Blackwater's shortlist of new names before they finally settled on "Xe."

Posted by SteveB at June 18, 2009 09:38 AM

Can't have an omlette without breaking a few eggs.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 18, 2009 10:49 AM

A terrible quandry, do I fill up with BP who want all of Iraq and willing to kill millions or do I fill up with Shell who ONLY want piece-of Nigeria.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 18, 2009 06:11 PM

Yah Shell. But it's neither the corp nor the corpus, it's the climate init? Selfishness exponentially metastasizing, internally, hidden, then appearing here and there as symptom through the broken skin of what was supposed to be human propriety and international niceness.
Not disease. The disease is way down in there.
Shell is a bubo, a pus-running sore, but egregious as it is it's a symptom. The pathogens aren't even visible.

Posted by roy belmont at June 18, 2009 06:25 PM

PERHAPS YOU see my problem, roy. Although I have MANY friends and neighbors or their forth or fith deployment forced to fight tooth and nail for BP's bottom line, through experience, I find my vehicles get 1 or 2 more miles per gallon with gas made with Nigerian BLOOD. I want to save the environment so 1 or 2 mpg means a lot over the course of a year. Most Nigerians appear to be black like a lot of Americans (including OUR President)but the Iraqis look like a bunch of wetback Mexicans. Maybe I should just go by PRICE PER GALLON.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 18, 2009 07:33 PM

As Shell is a British company wouldn't it be more like an episode of Man About the House?

Posted by RobWeaver at June 18, 2009 08:32 PM

Sorry, off-topic (although the topic is ALWAYS imperialism), hijacking your blog comments, etc., but the Wash-my-hands Post's firing of Dan Froomkin is just too disgusting. Greenwald (does that guy ever sleep?) has a great write-up, and Sullivan cites the recent Froomkin attack on evil, in the form of psychopathic liar "kill 'em all" Krauthammer, as being proximate cause:

"Froomkin just recently had a somewhat acrimonious exchange with the oh-so-oppressed Krauthammer over torture, after Froomkin criticized Krauthammer's explicit endorsement of torture and Krauthammer responded by calling Froomkin's criticisms "stupid." And now -- weeks later -- Froomkin is fired by the Post while the persecuted Krauthammer, comparing himself to endangered journalists in Venezuela, remains at the Post, along with countless others there who think and write just like he does: i.e., standard neoconservative pablum."

So the usual neocon crap will continue to pour forth from the "liberal" Washington Post. Wouldn't want their establishment K-street credibility to be tarnished by the truth. The Wurlitzer plays on!

------------

Mike Meyer: Yes, it's impossible nowadays for a person concerned with morality, with "doing no harm," not to be tainted by contact with our imperialist "structures of sin." We're all immersed in that tar pit: some wake up, make it to the surface, take a lungful of air, and strike out for the shore, not realizing that the shore itself was long ago bulldozed of all vegetation.

All you can do is practice ahimsa with available options.

Posted by Oarwell at June 19, 2009 11:56 AM

Hey, nuttin poysonul. S'jis bidness. An' you in daway.

"Budda-budda-budda" (the 'comic-book sound ot the tommy-gun) "Budda-budda-budda ... Budda-budda-budda"

Now, what's for lunch? Cucumbers-and-watercress? And a nice, dry, white wine?

Oh, don't mind the dead negroes...the dogs'll get 'em...

Posted by Woody at June 19, 2009 12:21 PM

Maybe YOU should hitch up those HORSES for a while to save some dough. Then you could buy YOUR FRIENDS a DVD of Sir! No Sir!. Probably a better value per dollar than ALL THOSE PHONE CALLS. Sure WE PAY 'EM but your friends and neighbors CHOOSE TO FIGHT.

Posted by ~ at June 19, 2009 01:57 PM

~: EXACTLY ON THE HORSES! In fact, "get a horse" IS what I'm all about but that's just me. I was just out trimming hoves while YOU were posting.
Also YES YOU PAY them and yes they volunteered to defend America. I just don't believe the middle east war is it.
As for the phonecalls, get back to me ONCE YOU'VE TRIED it.

Posted by Mike Meyer at June 19, 2009 03:18 PM