Comments: Funny

I wonder if "end of a rope conversions" count as the same thing.

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 28, 2009 09:53 AM

Clinton backed off of that statement on Hussein pretty quickly, condemning Iraqis to another decade of devastating economic sanctions, and almost assuring the eventual invasion: http://www.accuracy.org/iraq -- all part of the reason we much work doublely hard now to change course of Obama administration -- if not already too late...

Posted by osama -- err -- sam at May 28, 2009 11:07 AM

Well, he didn't say anything about not forcing people onto their death-beds so that they could convert.

Posted by darrelplant at May 28, 2009 11:19 AM

And Bush replied, "I'm a Baptist too. I believe in death."

Posted by SteveB at May 28, 2009 02:20 PM

gosh i hope dave broder is there to moderate that potential mortal struggle

Posted by hapa at May 28, 2009 04:59 PM

I thought this, from the same article, was a little more honest:

"Clinton said he likes picking out gifts for his friends’ wives and girlfriends."

Posted by Not Exactly at May 28, 2009 06:45 PM

I'm reminded of that scene in The Survivors where Jerry Reed says

"I was raised a strict Southern Baptist and place a very high premium on human life. Ten thousand. Minimum."

and then we learn that he's a hitman.

Posted by Jonathan Versen at May 28, 2009 08:12 PM

Not that Saddam died in anything resembling a bed, of course.

Posted by Crawford Tillinghast at May 29, 2009 01:27 AM

Crawford Tillinghart: Saddam looked to me to be the ONLY one at his hanging that was not having a religious experience. EVERY one else in the room was jerking with the fits.

Posted by Mike Meyer at May 29, 2009 01:58 AM

I am also a Baptist. I believe that if you pour enough water on someone's head, they'll start seeing things your way.

Posted by Dumbya at May 29, 2009 02:09 AM

I guess if Bill Clinton says he's not giving up on you, you ought to be worried.

Posted by M.C. Squared at May 29, 2009 04:47 PM

That is the funniest thing I've read on this blog for a while!

Posted by saurabh at May 30, 2009 01:39 AM

What is Clinton really saying?

"I'm moral and he's not, but there's always a chance he will change and be as good as me."

I rest my case.

Posted by Don Bacon at May 30, 2009 11:30 AM

Ah, so that explains why Bill Clinton agreed to a joint public appearance with George W. Bush depicted in that large, sickening photograph featured on the front page of Saturday's New York Times (05/30/2009).

Missionary Bill (excuse the expression) was simply not giving up on George W. Bush and hoping for a deathbed conversion from war criminal to whatever Bill Clinton imagines himself to be now.

That and the $150,000 a piece Bill and George picked up for letting an adoring corporate audience gawk at two US ex-presidents backing each other up on wars of aggression and genocides.

Posted by Steve in Los Angeles at May 31, 2009 08:58 PM

foreclosed condons for sale waterfront florida
Questions are the creative acts of intelligence
voldernautjgi

Posted by foreclosed condons for sale waterfront florida at June 1, 2009 06:43 PM

Never entrust the future of your progeny to a foreclosed condom.

Posted by Save the Oocytes at June 1, 2009 08:54 PM

Hi everybody! I am crazy fan of this movie. Where I can download full version of 2 part? I have only 20min short clip from this part. You can download it Here
Who can help me?

Posted by 0ptIMUsPRIME at June 2, 2009 01:45 PM

long term lease aventura condo
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
voldernautjgi

Posted by whawayaxioX at June 2, 2009 02:38 PM

VRBO Destin Florida Condo
Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
voldernautjgi

Posted by ToitteeBeEt at June 3, 2009 12:27 AM

oakland county michigan lofts
Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
voldernautjgi