Comments: Old

Hi Jonathan, I stumbled across your website while researching the poland invasion. I enjoy your stories and the topics you bring up. I soppose you can expect me to be reading quite often. Thanks for your time, Chrissy.

Posted by Chrissy at March 11, 2009 09:10 PM

They can't have been much chop as celebrities if they were slumming it on Jeopardy!. I mean, who did they have on in the old days - Pele, Naguib Mahfouz and Jonas Savimbi?

Posted by RobWeaver at March 11, 2009 09:12 PM

So ... who were the three contestants? I'm looking for either a cheap feeling of superiority, or failing that, I'll join you in harrumphing at the younger generation.

Estevez was a punk - Judd Nelson was the man!

Posted by laym at March 11, 2009 10:00 PM

Jonathan, if you want to feel like an alien on your own planet watch the show called TMZ. I just saw this today, I think the point is they go around and harass famous people.

I think for the most part the famous people are decent and try to be cool, but these celebrity stalker people are human parasites. They seem to be living in a perpetual state of adolescence where it's normal to worship or mock others. Not to mention profiting off of them without really producing anything of value.

*Sigh* Eventually they'll just be putting people in human sized hamster wheels.

Posted by tim at March 11, 2009 11:23 PM

I started getting that feeling about 10 years ago when I realised there was a whole generation out there that had never seen an episode of Star Trek that didn't have Patrick Stewart in it.

Damn kids.

Posted by NomadUK at March 12, 2009 03:02 AM

I had the same experience. But then I noticed that with particular episode I knew most of the answers to the questions (or is it, the questions to the answers?), and so I figured something was up.

Posted by Mark at March 12, 2009 11:09 AM

These kids today with their Aisha Tylers and their Miley Cyrus' and their fax machines and their hula hoops and their Braun hand blenders...

Posted by AlanSmithee at March 12, 2009 12:38 PM

To be fair, Emilio Estevez has morphed into a pretty okay director. Anyone saw BOBBY?

Posted by En Ming Hee at March 12, 2009 02:17 PM

Elizabeth Perkins [...] Big & Weeds [...] Tom Bergeron [...] Dancing with the Stars [...] Aisha Tyler

Um. Huh?

Posted by NomadUK at March 12, 2009 04:46 PM

SPEAK UP, SONNY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Posted by Quicksand at March 12, 2009 04:54 PM

"I mean, who did they have on in the old days - Pele, Naguib Mahfouz and Jonas Savimbi?"

wow! on the same show??