Comments: How Did Reality Get On My TV?

"How Did Reality Get On My TV?"

We do get lucky sometimes!!

Posted by Rupa Shah at January 10, 2009 03:07 PM

There's a typo in the transcript. The second troubling Clinton advisor is Denis Ross, not Roth.

Posted by Al at January 10, 2009 03:11 PM

Al, thanks. Now fixed.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at January 10, 2009 03:27 PM

Magic, indeed.

Black magic.

Posted by Arvin Hill at January 10, 2009 04:00 PM

FEEL THE MAJIC, its just majically delicious, a new majic has come into our lives one can plainly see.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 10, 2009 05:16 PM

Everyone's a magician these dayz, which its gonna take a lot of them to clean up this mess.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 10, 2009 05:20 PM

The above exchange is right at the end.

I think there's a reason it's at the end, or rather, that particular quote is the reason the discussion ended when it did.

Olberman's response to the claim that Hillary Clinton was "going to make us long for the Bush days" was, "Hmm. Goodness." And then, "Thank you," as in: "Thank you, now please stop talking, I beg of you."

Posted by SteveB at January 10, 2009 05:44 PM

As I gaze into my crystal ball I see Hillary magically transform into Condi, right before our very eyes.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 10, 2009 05:55 PM

PLEASE help us little people in the U.S. (z-list bloggers like me and
the like!) fight this.

U.S. seeks ship to move arms to Israel

(Note in the article--they want the arms to land at ASHDOD! How much
closer to Gaza can they have the arms land? That shipment is SO about
sending more munitions to shoot at/in Gaza, no matter what people in
our government are saying to deny it.)

Posted by Katie at January 10, 2009 06:13 PM

Dennis Ross is a done deal.

Now waiting for the Indyk shoe to drop.

Posted by Bernard Chazelle at January 10, 2009 06:22 PM

"Olberman is clearly not ready for the idea that Obama might, in some respects, be worse than Bush. And I doubt Ms. Leverett has much of a future in television, on the Keith Olbermann show or anywhere else."

I didn't watch the clip, but from what I've seen of Olberman, that sounds about right.

Posted by Donald Johnson at January 10, 2009 08:00 PM

"(Thanks to Doug Henwood for noticing this.)"

ah - so, this is what he's doing instead of putting out the "periodical" for which i paid more than a year go and have received exactly one issue of.

Posted by petey at January 10, 2009 09:04 PM

while i have my doubts about hillary clinton as SOS, there is nothing that she or obama could do that would ever make me wish to have bushco back.

Posted by karen marie at January 11, 2009 08:27 PM

"no disaster coming out of an obama administration could ever reach the level of epic fail that has epitomized the bush administration."

That depends on what Obama does about Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Israel, etc...

Posted by Donald Johnson at January 11, 2009 10:39 PM

Reality's busting out all over.

I thought what this article might be about was the hard-hitting reporting from Gaza. I've been saying for years that when there is a bombing in Iraq the U.S. mainstream media show a THING (the carcass of the vehicle) while French TV show PEOPLE being wheeled into the emergency room. They're the stock video cliches of the two cultures and together they say a lot.

Imagine my surprise in the holiday season to be trapped on occasion watching the U.S. network evening news and seeing writhing children on stretchers in Gaza. That _must_ be reflective of a U.S. policy shift toward Israel.

Posted by smchris at January 12, 2009 10:24 AM