Comments: More Fine Journamalism From America's Finest Journamalists

Breaking my resolution (sort of) on New Year's Day, here goes:
1. Israel wants regime change in Gaza. Let 'em have it.
2 Iran wants regime change in Israel. Let's make it happen.
3. America is getting regime change in 19 days.

Everybody is happy: Israel, Iran, America. Hamas maybe not, but happiness here on earth is not one of their aims anyhow.

Posted by donescobar at January 1, 2009 11:31 AM

I agree with one and two, but three is a fantasy. America is NOT getting regime change, best we can hope for is a more effective government that looks after the people here in this country better.... for a while.

happy new year - same as the old year.....

Posted by Susan at January 1, 2009 01:00 PM

WE ELECT our leaders (moron or not) and get to keep them. Israel ELECTS their leaders (homicidal or not) and gets to keep them. Why not JUST recognize Hamas and cut a deal. Israel has to cut a deal with Hamas for a cease fire as it is. 60 years of ATTEMPTED genocide on the part of BOTH parties and neither one has done as well as an afternoon in Rwanda. Perhaps one or the other should elect a HUTU for a leader.

Posted by Mike Meyer at January 1, 2009 01:12 PM

To add to SteveB's point: I'll never understand how an administration that was the political beneficiaries of 9/11, and understood themselves as such, thought that the Iranian people would react in a diametrically opposite fashion from the American people when their country was under attack.

Posted by Rojo at January 1, 2009 02:43 PM

why DO vicious contemptuous fanatical blaggards have self-servingly myopic definitions of terrorism and defense? it troubles the soul, this question.

Posted by hapa at January 1, 2009 04:01 PM

i wish someone learned would shoot at me so i could be inspired to conduct a better investigation.

Posted by hapa at January 1, 2009 04:04 PM

Rojo - it is a delusion that has been going on around the world for eons -

Churchill et al thought that keeping food from citizens in occupied countries - and Germans - would cause them to rise up against Hitler.

I read that in Human Smoke. I know if I was starving I wouldn't be doing much of anything except look for food.

Posted by Susan at January 1, 2009 04:13 PM

Does journamalism bear the same relation to journalism that truthiness does to truth?

Posted by Save the Oocytes at January 1, 2009 05:12 PM