Comments: [Laughing]

nice interview.

Posted by wallpapers at December 29, 2008 11:15 AM

So, it’s not just win-win. It’s win-win-win-win-win.

That's five wins, people. Obviously, the guy is on to something.

Posted by SteveB at December 29, 2008 11:44 AM

Damn, I want to smack that self-righteous SOB every time I see him on TV. I just avoid the Times, and get my Krugman somewhere else.

Maybe if I were a little better at BSing my way through life and being wrong about nearly everything while living off my rich wife, I could be the person people want to smack.

Posted by Christopher Wing at December 29, 2008 02:59 PM

now that its obvious to absolutely everyone that unbridled capitalism, shorn of its regulations, is a necessary catastrophe waiting to occur (or not waiting, as they case may now be), people like friedman want to act as though theyve believed this all along.
which is to say, they want to trick those who they tricked into believing in the free market into believing that they never really believed in it (and maybe were even trying to warn them all along).
like WMDs.

Posted by raincoat at December 29, 2008 03:17 PM

We shouldn't be to rough on the guy, after all he has finally seen reality and was able to recognize it. As for the harsh words some have to say about our friend or the NYT, I find it unnecessary and non constructive.

The NYT has several commentator that are simply terrible, Friedman is just mediocre and very simple minded.

Posted by koshem bos at December 29, 2008 05:29 PM

I don't know Jonathan Schwarz, maybe he was, you know, lying or something.
Which time?
Both times, all the time.
One aspect of violence that's little explored by sensationalizing movie and TV crime celebrations, an aspect first made prominent by the Manson family back in '69 though it's been around since early days, is the use of patent absurdity backed up by an immediately obvious willingness to cause severe harm.
It takes out whatever faith the victim has in logic and order at the same time it asserts the assailant's complete mastery of the exchange from the ground up.
The Joker.
Friedman's teddy bear visage shouldn't mislead us as to his ability to carry the role. The man has unplumbed depths of fierce absurdity - you can see it in his eyes, hear it in his voice when he speaks, read it between the lines of his "work".

Posted by roy belmont at December 29, 2008 05:32 PM

I guess the magic of the free marketplace fails to excite you quite so much when you're wife's formerly billion-dollar stock portfolio plunges 97%.

Posted by missy at December 29, 2008 06:52 PM

GREAT while it lasted, wasn't it, seems everybody was making money till the ole money supply ran out. When Congress has acted as it has the last 8 years. KNOWING full well there usta was a Great Depression and that SOME people actually LEARNED from it.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 29, 2008 07:57 PM

Friedman's a tart.

Always has been, by the way.

Posted by Helmut at December 30, 2008 07:38 AM