Comments: Best Newspaper Website Use Of Linking Ever

I followed the link, and found (even more beautifully) that there's nothing there! Apparently the Washington Times doesn't think much of the United States. On the other hand, we knew this already.

Posted by Aaron Datesman at December 11, 2008 09:48 AM

Lets hear it for the Gipper!

Posted by rob payne at December 11, 2008 10:18 AM

Saw a Times article today, "Aimless War" by Joe Klein. Lots of rhetoric on how to win. The part I like best is his suggestion that WE show the Afghanis WE will no longer TOLERATE them killing OUR soldiers. MY suggestion toward that end is that ANY time 3 or more of the Afghanis gather together (protest, rallies, training camps, wedding parties, villages, elections that might vote the WRONG people in office) WE call in an airstrike. TEACH 'EM A LESSON they will never forget.
He goes on to talk about getting rid of the CORRUPTION & DRUGS. (I'm not real sure if he was refering to Afghanistan or Washington DC on that point.) Great article tho, a whole lot of joke lines.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 11, 2008 12:06 PM

I see over at Americablog where the newspaper industry and even NPR are wallowing in the financial quagmire. The chickens came home to roost in America, enough for 2 in every pot. (I just don't believe these present troubles can be filed under "Instant Karma". Prolly last longer than that.)

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 11, 2008 03:04 PM

NO doubt The Times will NEED a bailout, soon, real soon.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 11, 2008 03:07 PM

Mike,

You're a caution. I wish with all of my heart that that were not so NECESSARY. Peace.

Posted by JerseyJeffersonian at December 11, 2008 05:32 PM

Nixon was more liberal than Obomba. I bet there were people who thought Hitler was too liberal.

Posted by marcus at December 12, 2008 07:34 PM

Having this "America" thing as a link sort distracts from the stupidity of saying this is a center-right nation. It's actually a pretty reasonable nation with a large minority of far-right nutjobs and an élite that gets away with all kinds of crazy imperialist shit by pretending to care about the nutjobs' concerns.

Posted by Doctorb at December 16, 2008 04:22 AM