Comments: The Trouble With Me

You know, I've been looking for the blargherators NOT discussing the debates (sic) tonight, and even IOZ had up a post with his take.

Blargh.

Best posts on the debate (sic)? None.

Posted by Rojo at October 3, 2008 02:18 AM

Your cousin? Interesting, which Middle Eastern country is he or his family from? Whatever it is, the US-related shenanigans that drove him to the US should be delicious...

Posted by En Ming Hee at October 3, 2008 09:03 AM

His father came here from Lebanon in the fifties. I don't think it was related to our shenanigans, however. If anyone, it was the French.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at October 3, 2008 09:12 AM

interesting to see that you are related to Yael. i'm from kansas city and like to read and watch him on a local public teevee political show.

Posted by tony at October 3, 2008 09:18 AM

Quite silly of you Americans to call these shows "debates." Nothing is debated. Each performer tosses in his/her chosen points and one-liners, and thus they skip from topic to topic.
"Carry On, Candidate," would be my title, should anyone choose to turn this TV presentation into a film.

Posted by donescobar at October 3, 2008 09:29 AM

tony, thanks for mentioning that. I'll have to tell him about it.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at October 3, 2008 09:42 AM

So far I've seen one commenter at another blog mention Biden's regret that we didn'tdrive Hezbollah out of Lebanon. Ifill forgot to do a followup to see how Joe thought that would have worked.

Me, I want a foreign invasion force to drive the Democrats and Republicans out of America--I figure if I play a few more games of "Civilization", I'll work out the military and logistical details.

Posted by Donald Johnson at October 3, 2008 02:24 PM

Here is the Biden remark on Hezbollah--

"When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, "Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it."

Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel."

Posted by Donald Johnson at October 3, 2008 03:04 PM

For the foreign invasion of the USA, in absence of a Grand Duchy of Fenwick, I propose a giant Trojan Donkey as a foreign gift to the Obama administration. And then...
Alas, no Homer to write it up.

Posted by donescobar at October 3, 2008 07:56 PM