Comments: A Rich Harvest For Industrious Skull Farmers

O Lord, protect me from your followers . . .

Posted by Monkay at September 25, 2008 07:42 PM

What an hilariously tiny, insular, tinpot universe these people live in.

Make her way my God. Bring finances her way

"Er, yeah - I'm just redistributing all these quasars at the moment, but when I'm done I'll be sure to get right on that..."

Posted by RobWeaver at September 25, 2008 08:31 PM

If YOU desire and believe in SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE then why persist on discussing ANY candidates religion or particular religious belief. I suspect YOU WOULD NEVER have agreed with ANY of our founders religious beliefs yet one is to be praised for spouting their politics, quoting their papers. Separation of church and state---begins with self.

Posted by Mike Meyer at September 25, 2008 09:14 PM

LOVE UR censorship.

Posted by Mike Meyer at September 25, 2008 09:16 PM

This must have been some sort of visiting pentecostal preacher to her new, less freakish Wasilla Bible Church?

Thomas Muthee, says the internets. From Kenya, no less. OK. A kook from their future, now a little more intertwined with ours.

This "Witch-hunt of Mama Jane" story is pretty fantastic. Didn't harpers have a piece about that with more genitalia recently?

I'm not old enough to remember how it was in the old days like some of you. Is this stuff really all that new? This whole enlightenment thing seems to have always been a pretty crufty enterprise. A little froth that never had a national market.

Posted by buermann at September 26, 2008 02:57 AM

Remember, kids, the story here is about selfishness. Underneath all the ritual, the prayers come out the same -- "help ME and fuck those guys" -- which is pretty much exactly how Jesus told his followers not to pray, but we're looking at a religion as pagan as the druids, wearing crosses as talismans. If a group betrays its own rules and thereby annoints itself devout, what makes you think it will have much respect for the well-being of others?

SubGenius can be tiresome at times, but the maxim is right: they may be pink, but their money is green.

Posted by No One of Consequence at September 26, 2008 06:21 AM