Comments: Rick Perlstein Pokes Through The Sludge

But -- but -- if we vote for the lesser evil things will work out --

Oh, fuck it, I can't even snark this shit anymore. I'm going to go listen to some death metal.

Posted by No One of Consequence at September 14, 2008 05:58 PM

Better Democrats? Hell, we just need richer ones.

Posted by bobbyp at September 14, 2008 07:17 PM

so basically the democrats went from corporate stooges with a debt to debt-free corporate slaves under mcauliffe? what a cobag!

Posted by almostinfamous at September 14, 2008 11:18 PM

I have thought for some time now that local races, such as for county comissioners and D.A.'s and sundry municipal offices, are the only ones in which we can "make a difference" and even there of course, it may be a questionable proposition.

Guess it's ironic that it's precisely those contests that generate the least turnout...

Posted by Jonathan Versen at September 15, 2008 12:42 AM

NOoC: Who'd you listen to?

Posted by StO at September 15, 2008 02:06 AM

Shorter McAuliffe: if you can't beat them, join them.

Longer McAuliffe: the only way to fight the power is to be the power; if you want to defeat GOP cronyism, we need better Dem cronyism.

I was reminded of a distasteful story I recently read in the New Granta Book Of American Short Stories by Matthew Klam, called 'Issues I dealt with in therapy'. A boring and vaguely nasty story about boring and vaguely nasty Democrat elitists like McAuliffe at a wedding for one of them. I'd recommend it if you have absolutely nothing to do, or feel you deserve some punishment.

Posted by Glenn Condell at September 15, 2008 03:14 AM

You're just jealous that King Juan Carlos is his occasional hunting partner and you're not.

Posted by eatbees at September 15, 2008 06:51 AM

StO: I was going to try to dig up something "serious" on the web (I have a crappy music collection that I need to improve) but ended up just pulling up Dethklok. I needed the laugh, anyway.

I'm so fucking tough
You are a mistake
You have sex with cake

Glorious.

Posted by No One of Consequence at September 15, 2008 08:09 AM

@ NOoC, i recommend last.fm

Posted by almostinfamous at September 15, 2008 08:29 AM

Let me throw in the Republican response before someone else does: And just WHAT do you have against feudalism?!?

Posted by Toby at September 15, 2008 08:37 AM

This is from 18 months ago, why did you link to it right now?

Posted by Cryptic Ned at September 15, 2008 06:04 PM

This is from 18 months ago, why did you link to it right now?

The zeitgeist?