Comments: This Perfect World

Consider yourself complimented - Thank you.

Posted by Richard S at September 7, 2008 02:18 PM

Druck is Cheney, Burns is Bush, and Henry the Hawk is our freedoms?

I see how the song fits in with the story and the theme of bad daddy/estranged daughter, but the made way after the fact 9/11 video was a bit of a stretch for me. Sorry, I don't understand this post well enough to compliment you on it.

Posted by Mark Gisleson at September 7, 2008 02:25 PM

Richard S,

Thank you. I appreciate being appreciated.

Mark Gisleson,

Actually, I didn't even watch the video. I see it's a little on the freaky side (close up of masonic lodge?), so I'll switch it to another one with the same soundtrack. It's superior, although still...not quite right.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at September 7, 2008 02:32 PM

That was a dreadful version of S and S. I mean, excruciating.

Posted by Mark at September 7, 2008 02:43 PM

Thank you, and yes, the Masonic graveyard signage really layered in more symbolism than I knew what to do with (altho as a former student of hermeneutics, I tried mightily...).

Thanks for the new video. Betrayal, loss, forgiveness? Yes, I think the song pairs well with this story, and gave me much to think about, especially as I had set aside my distrust of Edwards years ago, and now need to revisit that initial discomfort to see how it fits in with these revelations.

Good riddle — thanks.

Posted by Mark Gisleson at September 7, 2008 02:50 PM

The allusion is to the BIBLE!!!ELEVEN!!ONE!!

And extremely clever, thanks you!

Posted by Guest at September 7, 2008 05:00 PM

The video and song are tedious, and I don't get it. Jane Austen meets Dawson's Creek? Possibly I'm just thick.

As far as your not breathing oxygen goes, I highly recommend you try it, while we still have breathable air left.

Posted by Jonathan Versen at September 7, 2008 08:36 PM

I'm sure you're really referencing the 1993 thriller "A Perfect World" starring Kevin Costner about a boy from a puritanical family who strikes up a friendship with an escaped convict after the latter kidnaps him, right?

Posted by En Ming Hee at September 7, 2008 09:49 PM