Comments: Media Suck Up-ery: A Retrospective

On the radio you mentioned that Koppel gave Henry a car. Or did I mishear that? If that's true, what's the story there?

Posted by Labiche at July 16, 2008 10:46 PM

I'd LOVE to have Henry over for dinner.

Posted by Mike Meyer at July 16, 2008 11:47 PM

For $ 50,000 to the Nixon-Kissinger Fund for the Study of Western Values he and Nancy are yours.
No Pol-Pot Stickers for appetizers. Wiener Schnitzel is OK, but call it Veal Milanese. Riesling, Medium Dry. Soccer (Fussball) is preferred as a topic of talk to Why we were in Vietnam. Enjoy.

Posted by donescobar at July 16, 2008 11:58 PM

That sounds like a recipe for the world's most revolting key party.

Posted by ethan at July 17, 2008 12:11 AM

@donescobar: I nominate "Pol-Pot Stickers" for "This Week's Funniest Joke in Five-Words-or-Less"!

@JRS - Can an iceberg really be fetid? I mean, feted, yeah, I'd believe that, especially if the iceberg is really great. But not the other thing.

Posted by Aaron Datesman at July 17, 2008 12:25 AM

I was preparing myself for global warming. But with the prospect of fetid icebergs calving into our oceans I am again depressed. Glaciers of old Washington Times files. Yuck.

Posted by Bob In Pacifica at July 17, 2008 09:16 AM

Can an iceberg really be fetid?

It can if it's a metaphorical iceberg, and it smells spiritually, and the person reading about is an eternal being whose intelligence has been encoded in a supercomputer orbiting Alpha Centauri.

So: yes.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at July 17, 2008 09:46 AM

What part of "war criminal" doesn't Koppel understand?

Posted by catherine at July 17, 2008 11:08 AM

Pete Coors' older brother(Adolph I think his name was) and former heir to the Coors' fortune was once invited to a picnic at Yellowstone. (look it up, a dinner invite in Wyoming can be much much more interesting than in other places)

Posted by Mike Meyer at July 17, 2008 06:08 PM

Actually Ted Koppel invited me too, but my mom said I was in the 6th grade now so I needed to take my homework more seriously, so I couldn't go. That, and Kissinger gave her the creeps.

Posted by Jonathan Versen at July 20, 2008 09:20 PM