Comments: Now Our Love Has Died/This Is Why I Cry Lie

hillary's persistence in lying about this - as described in frank rich's column - goes beyond the "old fashioned" meme you suggest to the pathological - she'd been warned people thought she was stretching things, and persisted in stretching them some more

the daffodils are blooming now in montgomery county, by the way

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at March 31, 2008 05:08 PM

I have a serious question; I'm not being glib at all. Why do people say that Hillary is intelligent? Everyone says this, but why?

Posted by anonymous at March 31, 2008 05:12 PM

1. Because Hillary can read and understand a policy or legal or legislative document. W can't. Ronnie couldn't. Underlings summarize them on 3x5 cards and decisions are made from those. It's called leadership in the USA, president-or-CEO-wise.
2.The lies of omission are far worse than the lies committed. We don't hear about them at all, or maybe 20 years later.
3. Hardly anybody can stand the truth. The last guy I knew of who could was Nietzsche, and he ended up as looney as a German can get.

Posted by donescobar at March 31, 2008 05:42 PM

"the Portland's weekly alternative paper," eh, Jon?

Posted by darrelplant at March 31, 2008 06:07 PM

"the Portland's weekly alternative paper," eh, Jon?

I said it, meant it, and I'll say it again: the Portland's weekly alternative paper.

I won't back down!

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at March 31, 2008 06:11 PM

Magnetic Fields. Ah, what a wistful song.

Posted by Dennis Perrin at March 31, 2008 06:29 PM

Reading legal documents is NOT that hard a deal. Its the researching previous decisions that are used for arguement. ONE MUST know how to read and use a Legal Reporter.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 31, 2008 07:42 PM

I'm just glad Hillary ain't into Ukranian Girls, that cum on the first try.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 31, 2008 10:21 PM

you dumb cunts, let me explain it to. Clinton probably came to believe she had been under sniper fire, retelling herself the story about how brave and tough she is.

speaking of tough, I am planning a summer holiday in Dagestan. It's not so bad-ass as Chechnya, it's neighbor, but it's a rough place. But man, living in Brooklyn circa 1990, in the heart of the 'to, now that required guts.

Posted by xyz at April 1, 2008 01:44 AM