Comments: New TomDispatch

I suppose that WE could have IMPEACHED and slowed it all down but, naturally, that would have upset the 3 year campaign for the White House. Much as one may hate to say it, xyz IS who WE really are.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 24, 2008 09:25 PM

eh, he Iraqis fucked themselves up. Much like the Yugos. You know why cities like Prague and Paris still have their historic quarters so well preserved? Because they knew how to keep their mouths shut when occupied. The Iraqis could all be buying new US made autos and going on shopping trips to NYC, instead of riding around on scooters and getting killed execution style if they'd just been smart and reasonable instead of stupid and homicidal, and if they let Exxon develop their fields. Fuck em, they got what they deserved.

My litttle firecracker was pleasingly intrigued when I sms'd her that there would be some new zakuski (snacks) on the menu tonight. Eh, like all women who have the pleasure to sleep with me, she absolutely worships me : )

Posted by xyz at March 25, 2008 07:06 AM

just out of curiosity, I scanned the whole article. What's the point? All he does is talk about dead Iraqis, trash on the streets, damaged buildings, ethnic cleansing blahblahblah. Now that erl is a hunnert dollar, it's a good thing for US to be in Iraq after all, and the PSAs are what I want to hear about, not children missing limbs.

Posted by xyz at March 25, 2008 10:18 AM

THANX STUBBY.

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 25, 2008 02:35 PM

I called Nan THIS morning.(1-202-225-0100)(right after I looked in the mirror)

Posted by Mike Meyer at March 25, 2008 02:41 PM

Michael wrote..."Over the course of five years, Baghdad, the capital city of Iraq, has been transformed from a metropolis into an urban desert of half-destroyed buildings and next to no public services, dotted by partially deserted, mutually hostile mini-ghettos that used to be neighborhoods, surrounded by cement barriers reminiscent of medieval fortifications. The most prominent of these ghettos is the heavily fortified city-inside-a-city dubbed the Green Zone..."

Over the course of seven years, Chicago, and other big American cities, have been transformed from vibrant cities into an urban desert of neglected buildings, crumbling services, dotted by partially deserted, mutually hostile mini-ghettos that used to be neighborhoods, infused with racial tension reminiscent of the long lost idealism and lost gains from the sixties; crumbling bridges, streets cracking open, etc. America spends 10 billion dollars a month in Iraq and a fraction of that on the cities of America - with similar results.

Posted by Colin Newell at March 27, 2008 01:12 AM