Comments: More Nazi Crap

Actually, the Nazi teacup is not so unusual. It seems to be something of a tradition in military units the world over to have teacups/coffee cups emblazoned with unit insignia and the like. My father has quite a collection of these, from units in armies he fought against (some Israeli cups and some North Korean cups, for example) and armies he was in (American units).

Posted by Jibril at March 1, 2008 08:10 PM

Posted by Jibril at March 1, 2008 08:10 PM

Is there an echo in here? Heh.

Posted by Svlad Jelly at March 1, 2008 08:36 PM

Yes but do you have a Nazi tea cozy?

Get 5 more daggers and you can make sheesh kabobs :-p Or you could have a kick ass fondue set.

I have a sick mind. Please ignore my rantings, I've been cooking all day and now need a serious drink, carry on, nothing to see here.

Posted by Dee Loralei at March 1, 2008 09:55 PM

My all-time favorite piece of Nazi memorabilia is the medallion produced on the occasion of a Nazi visit to Palestine. It has a swastika on one side and a star of David on the other, and the German text "EIN NAZI FÄHRT NACH PALÄSTINA".

I would love to have one of these. It would save *so* much time in arguments...

Posted by Shunra at March 1, 2008 10:16 PM

Dad had a dagger like this. Took it off an Nazi officer who Dad processed as POW. Dad was an MP.

Posted by Steve Timmer at March 1, 2008 10:35 PM

How useful were daggers as a weapon in WWII? "American scum! I stab at your B-17 dropping napalm on me from 15,000 feet!" Seems to me the Nazis might have done better if they had put less of their resources into dagger production and more into, oh, I don't know, flamethrowers maybe, or surface-to-air missiles.

Yeah, a surface-to-air missile with a swastika on the side - now that's a souvenir.

Posted by SteveB at March 1, 2008 10:54 PM

Be careful...a few more posts like this and your house might turn into some Nazi collector's personal Poland, if you catch my drift.

Posted by ethan at March 2, 2008 02:37 AM

did they force the Danes to make Nazi Lego sets?

Posted by Jonathan Versen at March 2, 2008 02:58 AM

The Germans commandeered a house owned by my mother in law's family in the south of France and left behind some ordinary knives (for eating food) with the swastika on the handle when they retreated in 1944.

Posted by sara at March 2, 2008 05:02 AM

FWIW, this is probably a WWII German naval dress dagger - not actually a Nazi Party item. It may be a junior officer's dress dagger -- it looks inexpensively finished. See http://www.protohost.com/navy_dress_dagger.htm for the dearer version.

Posted by twitley at March 2, 2008 11:34 PM