Comments: An Our Kampf Christmas

I really wish Sam would quit disparaging Monkeybone, which was not only a laudably twisted concept, but funny as hell [rimshot].

But, hey, what do I know... I thought Our Kampf was twelve kinds of funny (you'll have to actually buy it and read it to find out which twelve kinds of funny). For maximum laughs, read it in public with the cover boldly displayed.

Posted by Arvin Hill at December 10, 2007 02:11 PM

I've asked for it, so let's see if anyone in my inner circle loves me. Probably not.

I'd also like to take a moment to thank you, Jon, for doing the most to keep This Modern World running while Tom's busy with other things (why has Lindsay Beyerstein apparently quit contributing after a few posts?). You're a mensch. A real workhorse.

Posted by Upside Down Flag at December 10, 2007 02:22 PM

I'm with Arvin, re Monkeybone; It was at least as good as Deuce Bigelow, if not better... :-)

Posted by Ted at December 10, 2007 02:36 PM

Which way of buying it gives you the most Sacagaweas? I'll buy it that way.

Posted by ethan at December 10, 2007 02:42 PM

But have you an appropriate, non-Hallmarkian card that goes with the book? And what English words rhyme with Kampf?

Posted by donescobar at December 10, 2007 06:16 PM

Will you take a U.S. Postal money order? If so how much and what name and address to put on the mney order.

Posted by Mike Meyer at December 10, 2007 06:35 PM

Really off topic but you gotta love it category:

Headline on CNN now about Colorado Springs church security guard who shot killer:

"Female worshipper who shot gunman credits God"

Have yourselves a merry little Christmas, but keep that rifle nearby.
Terry Southern, did you copy?

Posted by donescobar at December 10, 2007 08:39 PM

Arvin,

You drunk. Go sober up, why don't you. Or come out west again where we can put you in rehab, and give the rehab people a challenge worthy of their talents.

Ted,

Did you know that the director of Deuce Bigelow drew the original Monkeybone strips for Monkeybone? Cod Streuth, dude!

Posted by S. Hamm at December 11, 2007 02:06 AM

Mike Meyer:

Will you take a U.S. Postal money order? If so how much and what name and address to put on the money order.

You bet we'll take it. Just email me at tinyrevolution [at] yahoo [dot] com and I'll send you the address, etc.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at December 11, 2007 10:26 AM

I have purchased a one but could not think of a suitable inscription. I will have to be satisfied in the knowledge that your holy hands have touched it.

Posted by ethan at December 12, 2007 10:31 AM