Comments: Hello?

Jon,

I just wanted to comment here to let you know that comments are working fine.

P.S. I think you are a wonderful person.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at March 9, 2007 09:12 PM

Has the Tiny Counter-Revolution come?

Posted by Ed Marshall at March 9, 2007 09:31 PM

Good luck Jonathan, I have really missed reading your posts and you are in fact a wonderful person.

Posted by rob payne at March 9, 2007 09:38 PM

We agree that Jon is a wonderful person.

Posted by Mom and Dad at March 9, 2007 10:04 PM

Syndication feed is working from where I sit.

Posted by turkey turkey turkey at March 9, 2007 11:01 PM

Incidentally, Dreamhost has a rather poor reputation for reliability and performance. YMMV, but IFIWY I wouldn't expect too much.

Posted by at March 9, 2007 11:03 PM

Welcome back! (Was afraid you had been Carnahaned.)

Posted by the bunny at March 9, 2007 11:40 PM

Glad you're back (and didn't experience extraordinary rendition) and giving yourself positive messages. You deserve them :)

Posted by n8nyc at March 9, 2007 11:56 PM

I was afraid Bill Frist would be spotted on Hardball declaring: "I saw A Tiny Revolution on video, and it's as alive as I'll ever be."

Posted by Bernard Chazelle at March 10, 2007 12:53 AM

Welcome back. I was on the verge of sending a concerned email, so glad it was just technical.

If it happens again (hope not), maybe putting up a note at This Modern World just to let people know you're fine...?

It was the silence at both locations that worried me.

Posted by Nell at March 10, 2007 04:03 AM

It's a sign of the times (and I'm not sure a good one) that a kid now gets help from his dad in the arcane mysteries of Unix commands and SQL databases, instead of how to bore out a cylinder, clean a carburetor, or sharpen a saw.

But welcome back, anyway! My mornings will once again be complete.

Posted by Mike at March 10, 2007 07:30 AM

... Of course, it may well be that your dad knows how to do all of those things, in which case, you should definitely start asking him to show you those as well.

Posted by Mike at March 10, 2007 07:31 AM

Wonderful!

Posted by DRK at March 10, 2007 09:13 AM

I thought this was punishment for those of us who haven't taken the time to order copies of Jon's new book...

Posted by sam at March 10, 2007 10:46 AM

I'm glad you're back, Jon.

One site that isn't back yet (although you can still post a comment) is Fafblog - but did you know that there is an I Miss Fafblog, Spot tribute site with zany writing and amusing pictures, as well as clever commentary by some of the old gang, including moi? You may possibly enjoy it - give it a look if you like.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at March 10, 2007 01:58 PM

your 1st commenter is absolutely correct. (And please don't bore out your cylinders unless you absolutely have to.)

Posted by Jonathan Versen at March 10, 2007 11:22 PM

Aw, now I feel bad I didn't bug you. I just assumed you were working on some top secret project.

Your parents are adorable. Three cheers for Jonathan's Dad!

Posted by Saheli at March 11, 2007 02:22 AM

Nice fake-out on the reason for your absence. And that's okay. The trip to Texas is no one's business but your own.

Mike feels compelled to email or phone me six times a day to share the funny parts of your book. This is highly annoying and I hold you responsible.

Posted by New Day at March 11, 2007 02:48 PM

And here I thought you had abandoned us all for a counter-revolutionary, bourgeois vacation.

Good to have you back.