Comments: I Wish Elliot Abrams Would Come Up With New Ways To Lie To Us

Chief Sitting Bull said, "All men from Washington are liars".

Posted by Mike Meyer at February 8, 2007 09:47 PM

Argh, what the fuck. *I* remember that stupid peace overture. And IT'S NOT EVEN MY FUCKING JOB. I AM NOT THE SECRETARY OF STATE> FUCKING CHRIST!!!! ARGH AND OTHER WORDS OF EXTREME ANNOYANCE/ANGER!

Posted by saurabh at February 9, 2007 01:18 AM

There is a special place in hell for those who can, but don't, try to stop wars.

I have burned in my memory the picture of the blood stained child whose parents were killed by American soldiers at a roadside checkpoint - simply because the parents paniced and tried to drive through.

Fuck Abrahms. Seriously. Fuck him.

Posted by jimbo at February 9, 2007 01:54 AM

if that were any ordinary person, abrams would have been fired. out of a cannon. into the sun.

Posted by almostinfamous at February 9, 2007 03:26 AM

The Bushanistas seem to be so heavily influenced by their own propaganda network that they are now using their own bastardized version of Bart Simpson's lame excuse "I didn't do it! It was like that when I got here!"

Posted by JLaR at February 9, 2007 05:51 AM

jimbo:

Hell is (probably) lousy with people who could, but didn't, (and/or don't) try to stop wars--since that class of sinners (potentially) includes (almost) everybody who ever did, does and/or will draw a breath. I'd like to think though, that the really special places are reserved for the people who go out of their way to stir wars up...

Posted by Mike at February 9, 2007 08:35 AM

I am a former member of the Unitarian Universalist Association, a 20th-century merger of two liberal Protestant or Post-Protestant denominations. The Universalists got their name from their most salient theological feature, their contention that God was too nice a Person to condemn ANY soul to Hell forever - in other words, they believed in Universal Salvation.

The Unitarians, of course, got their name because they thought that God was One, not Three - a position found in some earlier religions as well.

As for me, I have gone well beyond the UUA - I am now so theologically liberal that I regularly attend pre-Protestant religious services (i.e. go to Catholic mass with my wife), even while expressing my trademark undogmatic wish:

May the Creative Forces of the Universe, if any, have mercy on our souls, if any.

I'm not really joking.

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at February 9, 2007 09:29 AM

Our TAXDOLLARS have bought us a ticket to Hell. The good news is we'll have PLENTY of company and conversation with like minded folks.

Posted by Mike Meyer at February 9, 2007 12:26 PM

Abrams is one key to my theory that the morons who planned the invasion of Iraq figured that it would be a Middle Eastern version of Bush I's invasion of Panama -- go in, topple the formerly friendly dictator, leave the country to someone else.

But after the mess they've made in Iraq, can even Abrams, Cheney, etc be stupid enough to think that Iran is East Nicaragua, and if you put a little death-dealing pressure on an unfriendly regime, it'll fold?

Surely they are capable of some learning, sometimes? I assume, for example, that Dick Cheney is now a bit more careful about seeing where his hunting partners are before he pulls the trigger.

Posted by Whistler Blue at February 9, 2007 01:19 PM

Yeah, maybe he's quit drinking after his THIRD heart attack too.

Posted by Mike Meyer at February 9, 2007 06:19 PM

The only thing you need to know, the ONE thing you need to contantly remind yourself: at $2,900 BILLION a year, the Bushistanis are firmly in command of the largest shakedown con operation on Earth ... ever.
Anything else is lip-smacking and knob-gobbling on their part ... and on ours, as riders on the storm.
Red Army ... Blue Army, alla time same-same, li da.

Posted by Tante Aime at February 13, 2007 11:11 PM