Comments: You Must Now Buy Our Kampf

The Powell's link doesn't work, but this one does:

And I promise to buy the book, I just have to wait til next paycheck.  This one is eaten alive by rent.  I *love* this economy!

Posted by Dayv at February 5, 2007 04:20 PM

I tried to post a review of _Our Kampf_ on Amazon, because I've been told that helps somehow with drawing attention to a particular item. The review never appeared. I didn't use any swear words or anything! Really, it was no more offensive than your average Jay Leno monologue, so I'm not why it was never posted. Though I suspect a vast conspiracy of some kind, probably orchestrated by a cabal of humorless cretins.

Posted by Melanie J at February 5, 2007 05:10 PM

Dayv,

Thanks for the link fix, and also for the purchase pledge. After the revolution, people will be able to pay their rent by reading Our Kampf.

Melanie J,

Hey, thank you! Could you email me what you said? I wasn't kidding about the list of glowing testimonials. (You could be identified however you want.)

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at February 5, 2007 05:22 PM

When you get famous and this blog gets millions of hits a second, will I get to ride up on your coat-tails? Or will I merely lose access? Cuz that's obviously a factor, here.

Posted by saurabh at February 5, 2007 05:30 PM

Uh, first I will have to *remember* what I said. Will have said glowing testimonial to you tomorrow, okay?

Posted by Melanie J at February 5, 2007 06:07 PM

saurabh,

OF COURSE you'll get a ride on the coattails. You and anyone you want to bring along. Just be sure to listen to the instructions if you get a seat near the emergency exit.

Melanie J,

I'm a little...hurt...by this implicit admission that you occasionally think about things other than this site and Our Kampf.

Posted by Jonathan Schwarz at February 5, 2007 06:20 PM

save me one and i will buy it from you on 2-28. really.

Posted by Jesus B. Ochoa at February 5, 2007 09:17 PM

My endorsement -

"I have read several of the ads for Our Kampf, and have smiled out loud. You could do worse than to buy this book. Enjoy."

mistah charley, SB, MA, Ph.D.

[actual degrees from accredited universities, by the way]

Posted by mistah charley, ph.d. at February 6, 2007 07:49 AM

You are such a shameless whore.

And yet, I purchased it anyway so that I could read A Tiny Revolution.

Posted by Ted at February 6, 2007 08:10 AM

another bubble just went phffft. i could have sworn mistah charley's ph&d was from fabled stutts.

Posted by Jesus B. Ochoa at February 6, 2007 09:38 AM

It is refreshing to see Powell books suggested. Amazon is a very Red company as opposed to the Blue Powell. We should be supporting our friends.

Posted by SoCali at February 6, 2007 03:40 PM